Note 5 users - Are you happy?

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm quite happy with my note 5. Tried the S7 Edge nice. Battery life is great and fast looked good in all black, but it's not a note.
So note is paid off and wife has a new S7 Edge (gold). There wasn't enough difference to move to note 7, for me. Not an edge fan. Just my .02

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Happy with a T-Mobile 64gb N5. I tried the S7 during the recall and the lack of the S-Pen was a deal breaker. Battery is lower then the Note S7 but overall very comparable device for enterprise usage. The S7/Edge are the run of the mill Samsung phones for the mass but the Notes offer so much more, hence the reason why I went with a N5 instead of the S7 series.... Can't wait until the N8 variant.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I had N5 before N7. Loved it when I had it, but after N7 I can't go back. S7 edge is closer to N7 imo, without spen of course. I'll use the s7 edge till the next Note comes out.
My BF is in agreement with you. He was amazed with the fact that he liked the curved edge as much as he did and feels as though he can't go back to note 5. He too said the S7 Edge will still give him the form factor he misses on the Note 7. His new toy until next Note phone comes out.

Last edited:

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Very happy with tmobile note5 64 gold. I've been using it for a while now as a replacement phone and it's been amazing... I have the regular s7 as well which is a really nice phone but I would choose the note5 over the s7 anyday of the week lol. I like the note much more than the other Samsung line of devices...

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
All that depends on your apps, what you have installed in general and what you're using on the phone. Do you close all background apps? Do you make sure that the device isn't consuming a lot of ram? These are things you can check to figure out the problem you are experiencing with your device.

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I would've been considerably disappointed if the only model available from Tmobile was the 32gb version, way to small for today. I love my dark 64gb model but I would've gone gold if it had been an option.

Overall very pleased. The grace UX would be nice and I loved the curved screen of the N7.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I am surprised AT&T is not still selling the Note 5 considering the customer base using the Note 7 and wanting a similar device. No Note 5 online from AT&T, yet they are still selling the 2+ year old Galaxy S5!

I was with Boost, but I wasn't happy. So I started shopping around. I called our local AT&T store and asked if they had any Note 5s. The gal said yep, there's still one in the back. I ran over there immediately and got it. This was about a month ago. The service with AT&T is far superior to Boost, including their customer service, which was a pleasant surprise. And yes, I am very very happy with my new Note 5 :)

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
One year in this month and I'm as happy as the day I got it. Best smartphone I've ever owned. On sprint, if you were curious.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I would've been considerably disappointed if the only model available from Tmobile was the 32gb version, way to small for today. I love my dark 64gb model but I would've gone gold if it had been an option.

Overall very pleased. The grace UX would be nice and I loved the curved screen of the N7.

Funny i had the black 64gb but i ruined it swimming in the ocean. I called insurance and they gave me a color option so i chose gold 64gb. They sent me a brand new one. Not a refurb. Pretty cool. I love the gold.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
NO.

I loved 2 thru 4.

I like the profile of the Note 5 in my hand. Most of all I'm glad that Samsung finally eliminated the lag.

I'm tired of factory resets. 4 in the last 3 weeks. Verizon voice mail would not work. Inconvenient in my line of work. 4th reset seemed to work. Lost all Internet access. Again 4th reset seemed to do the trick.

I miss the replaceable battery. But I'm doomed. I refused to give up the S pen and associated software. I'm stuck to Samsung like a bad marriage.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Some days I'm happy, some days I'm not.

On the good days, I can get about 1-2 hrs over 24hrs standby and other times, a runaway app will just drain the battery from 90%to 50-60% in just an hour. It's always been this way on this phone. I try and close out all apps when I turn off the display but sometimes I forget and only notice when the battery drains severely. I have the gold 64GB T-Mobile Note 5. If I don't use the phone at all, it can easily go 24hrs on standby and the battery will be 90-92% after the 24hrs so yes, it's a problem with one of my daily use apps. I know which one but it's an app I use daily. That same app will not drain the battery on my S7 Edge, Note 4 or Note Edge, only the Note 5.

vl1969

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I know the op is about note5 but decided to chime in anyway.
I never went for note 7, was too much for me in term of cost.
Had been using note2 for the last 3+ years and loved it. Last month decided I need an upgrade. Want it a bigger screen and a better camera.
After much deliberation and research I decides to go for a note 4. I understand it us 2 year old now, but it very much the same as note 5 except with removable battery and SD card. Lollipop is ok, and if I am lucky maybe I can update to marshmallow through t-mobile. Have it for 3 days, Love it so far. Except battery is too slow. However on note 4 I have option to get a bigger battery if want to.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I another very happy. Just found out my 64gig backorder has been canceled not Getting. Been waiting since September.
Samsung retired it.

Thinking about dumping Samsung. This is very annoying. I had the Note7 and don't like the S7 or the edge.
32gig is too small

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking of putting my Note 5 back in the box and using the sim that's in it, in my Note Edge again or one of my iPhones. The battery life on this thing is ridiculous. It;s dropped from 100% to 82% in 8 hrs with 17 minutes screen time. I've never been happy with the battery life.

vl1969

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
well Note 4 eats the battery just as badly, but with Note 4 I can change the battery for bigger one is needs be. Note 5 have no such option.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was offered a Note 5 from my insurance when my second note 4 took a dump. I would have preferred the 64g but 32 was what they had. I really miss having all my music and photos. There are times I don't have a good signal and can't bring up a photo I want to show someone real quick. It's annoying.

Other than that it's a great device. My note 4 was plagued with problems that drained my battery so so far battery life has been a dream.

I want to try Samsung pay but I feel like the businesses in my community just aren't ready for it. Technically they probably are but even the place where I work they don't trust it yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12