how do I contact with attorney who plans class action suit for Note5 and S6 with documented fire?

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I heard a report on the local public radio about a couple of attorneys from Massachusetts and Washington planning to start a class action against Samsung. This is for owners who have documented fires on their Note 5, S6(any variant), and any other Samsung phone with non-removable battery. (connected to original official Samsung chargers and USB cables)

I was driving on I-5 at the time and only heard the last 4 minutes of the report. Did anybody happen to catch the name of those attorneys and/or their law firms?

Also, will photos be enough or should one also obtain copies of the fire report from the local county fire department?

Thanks for your help.

[update] NVM... found their names... have forwarded photos and will go to the fire station tomorrow A.M. to get copies of fire report.

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Was samsung willing to pay for the damages? I don't understand ppl who are sue happy and looking to strike it rich by sueing for more than they deserve. Not saying that's who you are but ibet alot of these ppl involved are. If samsung is willing to pay for any of the damages, no lawsuit is needed.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
You're looking at a class action suit. Assuming you find a qualified law firm and additional plaintiffs, then, good luck.

This type of litigation is notorious for large payouts to the attorneys and...not so much for the litigants.

And, yes, I am an attorney though I have no expertise in this area of law.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't see it standing up in court. SAMSUNG pulled the plug even on the 2nd set. They asked everyone power off and get rid of. And those who choose to still use... Hope nothing happens.
I feel bad this has happened. I had the Note7 too but I would never choose to continue using like some have.
It wasn't a safe device to keep. Unfortunately the replacement the same. Samsung has asked to power off. So why can't everyone abide by it.
They will rise above this.
But those who want to sue... SAMSUNG has done everything to cover their bases and have their customers be safe.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't see it standing up in court. SAMSUNG pulled the plug even on the 2nd set. They asked everyone power off and get rid of. And those who choose to still use... Hope nothing happens.
I feel bad this has happened. I had the Note7 too but I would never choose to continue using like some have.
It wasn't a safe device to keep. Unfortunately the replacement the same. Samsung has asked to power off. So why can't everyone abide by it.
They will rise above this.
But those who want to sue... SAMSUNG has done everything to cover their bases and have their customers be safe.
OP isn't talking about the n7, he is talking the note 5 and S6. Although did say all similar cases so I assume the n7 will be part of it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There you go OP, go help the lawyers make money off your misfortune.. You might get $50.

Never had this happen to me, but I have had insurance claims and when they paid out for damages, I had to sign it as I settled the claim. I can't imagine Samsung not doing something similar. So if Samsung already paid out on your claim, your probably not eligible for such a thing. Who knows, the only thing I know is the lawyers will be the real winners.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
have there actually been Documented/Verified cases of the N5/S6 devices catching fire? I had not heard of any.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Slightly off topic but all these reports of fires is this got something to do with this new quick charging technology that we've been seeking on all smartphones lately. I feel like there have been more reports of phones catching fire since the rapid / quick charging technology has come around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol