Note 5 USB Port Not Working Except for Slow Charging

Musab Bari

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I have researched the issue of my Note 5just being able to slow charge via USB, and not be able to do anything else. I have tried all the proposed solutions I found, but can not fix the issue. The things that I have noticed to not work are:
  • Fast Charge: Cable and USB charging is detected, but cannot fast charge. I have tried the same charger and cable on other S7 edge, and it able to Fast charge. Fast charging is enabled in the battery menu
  • Connect to PC: Whenever connected to any PC, the PC shows “USB Device Not Recognized." I have the latest version of Smart Switch and the latest drivers. I have tried multiple computers and windows 7, 8 and 10. I have also tried to connect to the PC when the phone is in Download and Recovery mode and get the same error.
  • Connect to any OTG peripheral: Nothing is detected by the Note 5. Same cable working on other device.
  • Connect to Gear VR: When connecting to Gear VR, it gives the chime, the black screen with the little x in the corner appears for a second and then it goes back to the home screen.

What I have tried to do to fix:
  • Different cables/chargers/USB ports
  • Checked if any of the 5 pins are broken in the cable
  • I have lifted the tongue of the charging port in the phone via tooth pick
  • Done a factory reset

Any insight on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
It could be the charging port i had an issue where mine would only slow charge or not charge at all and I had to send it in and it turned out the charging port went bad

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
The note 5 has some sort of moisture sensor associated with the USB port. Take a Q-Tip, dipped in alcohol and gently clean the connection(DO NOT SOAK THE PORT).

GRIM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo