Will only charge wirelessly

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday my Note started acting weird when plugged in. It would make the chirp like it was being plugged in then it would keep going back and forth making the noise like it was being unplugged and plugged in but it was just sitting there plugged in the whole time.

Now it won't charge if i plug in to the charging port but will charge on the wireless pad.

Any ideas or is it shot and have to take in?

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I had same issue with one of the an after market charging cables I use in my truck. Same as you, the connect then disconnect and reconnect noise.. My second charging cable, by Scosche works perfectly. It charges my phone just like our rapid OEM Samsung charger cable. This only happen with one of the aftermarket cables used that's in my truck. I also noticed that the connection in the port with that suspect charger doesn't seem to sit fully in my port either.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I had same issue with one of the an after market charging cables I use in my truck. Same as you, the connect then disconnect and reconnect noise.. My second charging cable, by Scosche works perfectly. It charges my phone just like our rapid OEM Samsung charger cable. This only happen with one of the aftermarket cables used that's in my truck. I also noticed that the connection in the port with that suspect charger doesn't seem to sit fully in my port either.
I had a similar issue in my car with an aftermarket charging plug (had a Samsung cable) swapped to a factory plug and no more issue.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes the cable is fine. I've tried 3 different ones. They all charge other devices and power the wireless pad but get nothing when plugged into my Note
based on this info, I would say it's likely an issue with the micro usb port on your phone (you could make sure there is no dirt/debris causing the issue but they do get damaged/worn/loose and then don't work well or at all in some cases.) there may be a repair service that can help (not sure of that tho) I always try not to put any unnecessary stress on my phone usb ports. at lease you can charge wirelessly :)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781