S pen stopped working

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
When I pull pen out the air command screen comes up but when I press the s pen on an option nothing happens. This is a new issue. Would buying a new s pen fix the issue?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You have one of two problems - a defective pen OR a defective pen layer on the screen (Samsung Notes have an additional layer on the screen that handles the pen.) If the screen is defective, a new pen won't help.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm also guessing if it was the s pen that I'd still be able to use my finger? I turn screen off and remove some pen and the note screen comes up but I can't even use my finger to write on screen. This probably happened when I dropped my phone yesterday

MotoWojo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm also guessing if it was the s pen that I'd still be able to use my finger? I turn screen off and remove some pen and the note screen comes up but I can't even use my finger to write on screen. This probably happened when I dropped my phone yesterday

Your finger will not work. Even a regular stylus will not write on a Note. The S Pen is specifically designed to work on the Note. Google how the S Pen works and you will find a lot of information. My guess is there is something wrong with your s pen.

Last edited:

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
When I had trouble with mine, I went to the sprint store and tried one of the stores display spens. Or try your pen on the display phone. Either way it's free and will narrow down your issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1