I hope Samsung

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Will give the updates to the Note5. I really am happy with this phone. It has been flawless. I just wish I didn't have to wait till December for my 64 gig. But Verizon is not charging me to use the 32gig. I will start the monthly payments when I get my 64gig and activate it. There is a possibility could be sooner. The date is from Samsung not Verizon.
The Note5 is really awesome even though out a yr. Glad I chose it.

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
They will update it through the launch of the Note 8 at the least, unless I have incorrectly done the math. Every Samsung flagship device (S3, N3, N4, N5) I have owned has seen at least 2 major OS updates with continued security updates beyond. The only thing Samsung has not been consistent with is how often they backport certain features. I would like it if we Note 5 owners received some of the goodies the Note 7 had assuming there are no hardware limitations.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, Hopefully Samsung will throw us a bone and back-port some of the cool software features to hold us over until the Note 8 is released. Some key things that would be awesome would be:
-AOD.
-Samsung Cloud backup/access.
-Native Blue Light app (I have this via a 3rd party app for now)
-Grace UX would be nice.
-Any other software/features they would like to share with us would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Quiquag MC

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes, Hopefully Samsung will throw us a bone and back-port some of the cool software features to hold us over until the Note 8 is released. Some key things that would be awesome would be:
-AOD.
-Samsung Cloud backup/access.
-Native Blue Light app (I have this via a 3rd party app for now)
-Grace UX would be nice.
-Any other software/features they would like to share with us would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Well, the blue light is baked in to Nougat, and we're confirmed to get Nougat, so one wish answered!
Really hoping for Grace UX and AOD based into the UI myself. Those two will hold me over until I can upgrade again. (Been using an app for AOD while charging, closest I can get right now)

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, the blue light is baked in to Nougat, and we're confirmed to get Nougat, so one wish answered!
Really hoping for Grace UX and AOD based into the UI myself. Those two will hold me over until I can upgrade again. (Been using an app for AOD while charging, closest I can get right now)

Really looking forward to Nougat (new features are always an interesting change) What are you using for AOD, I have tried several and not really found one compelling enough to keep?

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995