Trade Note 5 or Not?

Q1102

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 5 32 gb I bought last year and it is the the best phone I have had (switched from a GS4). However, Verizon has the current promo of getting a Pixel for free if you trade in a Note 5. I am OK with the smaller size of the Pixel vs the XL. But it seems like the hardware on the N5 is still phenomenal, 1 year later.

Would you make that trade?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 5 32 gb I bought last year and it is the the best phone I have had (switched from a GS4). However, Verizon has the current promo of getting a Pixel for free if you trade in a Note 5. I am OK with the smaller size of the Pixel vs the XL. But it seems like the hardware on the N5 is still phenomenal, 1 year later.

Would you make that trade?
I think this is more of a personal question.The Note 5 is still very relevant, and obviously aside from software, the S-Pen is a big feature. If you can do without the S-Pen and some of the features specific to the Note 5, then yes, the Pixel would be a good phone to upgrade to. But I think you need to get passed those questions first before jumping ship to the Pixel.

I know that doesn't help very much, but hopefully it assists you with making a decision you will be comfortable with.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Also take into account, that they're going to renew a contract with that "free" new phone.

Personally, I would not trade in my Note 5. But then again, I do use the pen frequently. And it's still a very worthy device that does a lot more than I ever ask it to, without ever missing a beat.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I know someone who gave up his Note 5 for the Note 7 and then got the Pixel and he isn't happy with it. He gave it to his wife and he decided to get the edge7 which he really doesn't like either. Said Note 5 was better but he will have to hold off now until the new N8 comes out.
I traded in my N7 for the Note 5. I have the 32gig because the 64gig has to be ordered and have been waiting almost two months. On the upside of this, am not paying for using the Note 5 32 gig w/o paying for it. I really like this phone and although a yr out, there is nothing wrong with it. keep it!

Q1102

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everybody! I have decided to keep the note 5 after doing more research and looking at the s7 and pixel in person. It would be trading it in for a new phone, but almost downgradung. Thanks for the advice!

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
When I had to give up my Note 7 I bought a Note 5 over using the S7E. (The s-pen is important to me)
-I got an S7E when they came out but went back to my Note Edge until the Note 7 came out-
Cheers
BR
RIP N7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez