Grace UX update

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It looks nice. I use "Good Lock" and it seems like it's a cross between normal touchwiz, and this new Grace UX. As far as which carriers will get it, I would say "all", however WHEN is the question. I guess "stay tuned". :)

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Between this and a likely Nougat update we have a lot to look forward to. That said, I don't think we'll see either on a carrier phone all that soon. Later into winter or spring?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
That would be great if we actually get it, I liked it a lot on my Note 7, especially the blue light filter. It would make the wait for the Note 8 more bearable.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
That would be great if we actually get it, I liked it a lot on my Note 7, especially the blue light filter. It would make the wait for the Note 8 more bearable.
Well, in the mean time there is an app that closely simulates the blue light filter functionality (I found out about in an article that talked about getting N7 features on other devices) it's called twilight and it's free in the app store. it works well (perhaps not quite as well as the native BLF support on the N7 did)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Every time I used those apps my phone tells me that I can't use something because there is a screen overlay and it needs to be removed per security.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Every time I used those apps my phone tells me that I can't use something because there is a screen overlay and it needs to be removed per security.

I was having that issue as well, I figured out that if you pause Twilight before installing any new app that requires changes in permissions you will not get this message. There is always some trade off when using 3rd party apps. Once I figured that out I have had no issues with it.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I was having that issue as well, I figured out that if you pause Twilight before installing any new app that requires changes in permissions you will not get this message. There is always some trade off when using 3rd party apps. Once I figured that out I have had no issues with it.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7
What is twilight lol?