WiFi Issue with Verizon Note 5

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
So, I have found that if I have WiFi scanning for location improvement on, it causes my WiFi to not get properly turned on (or off, for that matter) on my Verizon Note 5. When I turn it off, it starts toggling itself on and off again until I force hold it in the on (or off) position.

I have to imagine this is an app causing it. As I have tried factory resets, booting in safe mode, and even a warranty replacement. Nothing has fixed the issue other than turning off wifi location scanning.

Is there an easy way to figure out what app is doing this? Or am I just going to have to uninstall them one by one until I figure it out?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I started having speed issues with my four channel wifi and the Note 5. The Comcast wifi is pushing speeds of 120 and the Note 5 used to pick up the same speeds and run in synch. Comcast came out to double check as we'll and on their end all is A-OK.

The Note 5 is running at between 30 to 50 speeds at best, which is OK, but we've been trying to figure out why all of a sudden the Note 5 speeds dropped a month ago from the 120 range.

Of course, NO HELP from Verizon techs, they told me to contact Samsung... no way I will waste my time doing that! Samsung Tech customer service is HORRIBLE!

I do the usual cache partition cleanings and run a very clean phone with apps that do not conflict with anything. Something happened, whether it was a November up date... I don't know.

Been with VZ for many years also same with Comcast. The latter just sent me email telling me they're increasing my speeds at the modem another 25 mpbs.

So... it's the phone and contrary to Verizon store instruction to do a full factory reset, I told them to go fly a kite! I'm on extended warranty but VZ doesn't care. Battling VZ for anything has become a common place occurrence. 🙄

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance