Transfer Data to PC or Extra Storage Help For Note 5

GabrielKnight01

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello I have a 32 GB Note 5 and I have to take video of an up coming family event but I'm at a low storage amount and I need help to transfer all my Oculus Gear VR games and VR programs to my PC, I only have 2 small games outside of the Gear VR that I can just delete and I have not rooted my Note 5 and I don't really want to root it, all I have done to it is to enable "Developer Options". Can someone give me instructions about how to do this if its possible and if this cant be done is there a third party USB storage option that can be plugged into the charging port?

GabrielKnight01

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I just found some cables that can plug a Micro SD Card into the cable with a USB adaptor which would solve my problem but one thing....can I use the Micro SD card to record video to it as its being recorded?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can't transfer the actual Android apps to a PC or external storage. Are you concerned about saving your game progress?

GabrielKnight01

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello B.Diddy I'm not worried about game progress I just don't want to download all the games and apps in Oculus VR again, is it safe to root my phone is it a possibility to brick it doing it? I ask because I think but I'm not sure that it makes it possible to copy anything from the phone to a PC.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You still won't be able to move the actual app files to a PC. If you had an SD slot, you could try the ADB hack that lets you format SD cards as Internal Storage on Samsung devices. I doubt this is possible with an external drive (and even if it were, I'd be very hesitant to try it, because it's much easier to inadvertently disconnect an external drive -- which would cause all kinds of crashes if it were somehow formatted as Internal Storage).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance