Screen Issues on VZ Note 5 after update

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am on VZ and after recently updating my phone, I have been having few issues with the screen.

1) Whenever I wake up the screen its pretty dark and reaches full brightness a second later. It used to be instant.

2) If talking on phone, when I move the phone from my face, the screen doesn't wake up like it used to. Its a pain if I have to put phone on speaker or need to do anything else while still on call.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are referring to the screen not instantly lighting, then mine does that too. I'm not worried about it -- I figured it was one of their "enhancements" to cut power use and protect the display circuitry. The list of changes for those updates don't seem to say much.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been noticing this too. I used a can of compressed air around the proximity sensor and ports and it seemed to help somewhat but it still sometimes gives me trouble. Sometimes I get a brief green "flash" also before the screen comes up.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My battery life sucks since the update. I know what to do. Done it. For once do an update that doesn't cause battery issues