back/recent button light duration, can't seem to find the duration setting anymore? (VZW Note 5)

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I could swear there was an option in the settings/display that allowed me to choose the light duration for the back/recent buttons. However, I just can't seem to find it anymore. IIRC, the options were 1, 6, 15 seconds, or always-on.

My Note 5 is a Verizon version with the most recent update. I did a factory reset yesterday... can anyone tell me where this option is located in the settings menu?

Thanks!

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Open the Display menu in the Device section of the Settings app.
Tap on Touch key light duration. This setting adjusts whether the backlights for these buttons are enabled and for how long.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Open the Display menu in the Device section of the Settings app.
Tap on Touch key light duration. This setting adjusts whether the backlights for these buttons are enabled and for how long.

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm referring to. I know it was there before... somehow it's no longer there on my Note 5. I just looked on my other Samsung Note phones and the Touch key light duration setting is still there. I wonder if Samsung or Verizon took that out after the Marshmallow update? :(

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! That's exactly what I'm referring to. I know it was there before... somehow it's no longer there on my Note 5. I just looked on my other Samsung Note phones and the Touch key light duration setting is still there. I wonder if Samsung or Verizon took that out after the Marshmallow update? :(

The Sprint version doesn't have this setting either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1