My Note 5 has broken 2 times in 2 weeks!!!

mouschi

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
About a month ago, I purchased a Samsung Note 5. I LOVE it. Until it fell out of my pocket. I was standing there and moved my leg - apparently my phone wasn't well seated in my pocket, but after a VERY CALM, MILD 3 foot drop, I picked it up to turn it on (not thinking there was going to be ANY problem) - the screen just flickered pink or purple or something like that!!!

It cost me $230 to repair, and I learned my lesson. I got a holder for it (I don't recall which one, but it was a top of the line clear one.) There wasn't much of a lip on the holder over the phone, but whatever. I was planning on being MUCH more careful.

Tonight, I was flinging up a shopping bag from the ground with my foot, and my phone fell out of my pocket & hit the ground. THE STUPID THING BROKE AGAIN!!!!!

There was no glass breakage either time at all. Might I have a defective phone or are these phones REALLY that sensitive? I'm really frustrated right now.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
About a month ago, I purchased a Samsung Note 5. I LOVE it. Until it fell out of my pocket. I was standing there and moved my leg - apparently my phone wasn't well seated in my pocket, but after a VERY CALM, MILD 3 foot drop, I picked it up to turn it on (not thinking there was going to be ANY problem) - the screen just flickered pink or purple or something like that!!!

It cost me $230 to repair, and I learned my lesson. I got a holder for it (I don't recall which one, but it was a top of the line clear one.) There wasn't much of a lip on the holder over the phone, but whatever. I was planning on being MUCH more careful.

Tonight, I was flinging up a shopping bag from the ground with my foot, and my phone fell out of my pocket & hit the ground. THE STUPID THING BROKE AGAIN!!!!!

There was no glass breakage either time at all. Might I have a defective phone or are these phones REALLY that sensitive? I'm really frustrated right now.

As clumsy as you are ...
You ought to buy a good case and full warranty for it ..
OtterBox Commuter case is a good one .

mouschi

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Gee, thanks :/ - I actually thought I had a top of the line case. I went ahead and bought an otter box now as well though. I don't know what it is, but I've never had this problem dropping my other phone - or maybe I didn't notice because it wasn't as fragile.

egood71

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have a Unicorn Beetle case and I have dropped it numerous times and the only thing that happens is my stylus will shoot out. No damage to the phone whatsoever. A good case is worth the cost.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Defective phone?? No. Sound like you are a bit clumsy with it. Phones will break when dropped on the ground.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae