Note 5 Verizon New System Update..?

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello all .
I got a message "System update ready to install" ..
Does any one have this , Is it android nougat ...or just from Verizon ..?

I'm still at work , so I can't take a chance .. :)

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Came in early this morning. Looked around for reviews, found none. Downloaded and installed it, prior to and after, did a clean cache partition. For now, everything appears to be running well. No issues.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It looks to be the January security update and some under the hood improvements. Their site never details what they improved.

I'm still on 6.0.1, with the January 01 security update.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Just got home ... Updating now ..
Glad to hear everybody's is ok .. :)

Or maybe it's preparing for android nougat which is coming soon ..?

Last edited:

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah received the update this AM myself. Security update only... well at least they're committed! Maybe we'll see Nougat before the N8 release....
d:-/

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It made a change to verizons messages+ if you use that (I sometimes do and happened to have it on at the time). Required agreeing to something and mentioned a chat capability.

zamboni08

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Really did a number on my phone. Weather widget broken, vzw text slowwwww and can't save pics TO phone now only VZ cloud, can't find setting to change. In general things taking extra half second to open.

So annoying.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The Message+ update was separate from the OS update. I got it on my S7E yesterday, and the OS hasn't been updated since November.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Really did a number on my phone. Weather widget broken, vzw text slowwwww and can't save pics TO phone now only VZ cloud, can't find setting to change. In general things taking extra half second to open.

So annoying.

Wow .... really..? Sorry for that ...
Did you do the normal things like Clearing cache...
The worst case you can save all files and bite the bullet to do a factory reset ...?

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It made a change to verizons messages+ if you use that (I sometimes do and happened to have it on at the time). Required agreeing to something and mentioned a chat capability.

So you think this would cause text messages not to go through using the messages+ app? My wife uses that app and I wasn't getting her texts yesterday, but when I switched it to the stock text app they worked.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled the updates to the Message+ app in the Application Manager. The phone defaulted back to the older v6.1.3 that came preinstalled. Everything works again. I just have to be careful that I don't hit UPDATE ALL in the Play Store when the current version pops up on my update list.

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife woke up 15 mins before her alarm to let the dog out. Good thing she did cuz her phone (Note5) was hung on a window saying an update was needed. Her alarm never went off she would have been late to work

Mine (S6) showed the update was available however none of my text/notifications had been coming through since the evening before, after the update I got like 8 new texts/notifications

Both phones acted very differently this time

Rick

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ugg I just noticed that I now have a bunch of bloatware apps. Cookie jam, game of war etc. Wtf Verizon seriously?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908