It's going to be hard to give up my note 5 for the note 8!

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is by far the best phone I've ever had, I'm going to hate parting ways with and am reluctant to do so. Note 8 is really going to have to bring it for me to switch and start paying for yet another phone for the next two years. What do you guys think?

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
This is by far the best phone I've ever had, I'm going to hate parting ways with and am reluctant to do so. Note 8 is really going to have to bring it for me to switch and start paying for yet another phone for the next two years. What do you guys think?

I think the first thing you should think of, is that the Note 8 probably won't be released for another half year. That gives you a while to still enjoy your Note 5. Who knows, maybe it gets released even later so that Samsung makes sure they don't have another Note 7 debacle. This year's Galaxy S series would've been released at MWC, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also you have to think Samsung is going to step up their game to make up for what happened with last year's Note. That would def include at the very least Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 processor if not an even newer iteration. There could be an even bigger screen and/or less room for bezels (who know's, maybe no bezels?). Dual rear cameras you would think might make their appearance if Samsung wants to keep up w/ Apple. There also could be other improvements or innovations I haven't thought of?

I'm not saying all those things will happen, but to me they would seem logical if I were in Samsung's shoes. In general, significant improvements would seem logical to make up for a tough 2016. There are a lot of fans of the Note series that the company will have to get back in their good graces.

So, enjoy your Note 5 while you have it because it'll be a little bit till the Note 8 comes out & I think it would be a big disappointment if Samsung fails to keep up with the rest of the back and also doesn't make some major improvements.

Last edited:

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping they have a Note 8. I went from Note 4 to Note 7 to Note 5 to Note 7 and back to Note 5. Liked the Note 7 the best. Not sure the lack of a physical home button on the Galaxy 8 versions is a good thing.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site

I will jump to the N8 in the heart beat .... as soon as I pay off my N5 ...:)

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Why? I can't wait to get the Note 8
Like I said, this has been the best phone I've ever had and it would also be nice to not have to pay for a new phone. No doubt I'll get it though because I love the latest and greatest stuff. I will probably wait a month or so after its release to really get a feel of it from reading lots of reviews.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One of my biggest concerns is the battery life, this must be greatly improved. The potential speaker on the stylus seems a little odd to me and I hope they don't expect that to be a huge selling point.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you really like your Note 5, then that may be telling you something! Would you consider buying a new Note 5 instead? Or, you could keep your old Note 5 as a backup. I'm looking forward to the release of the 8 - I'm sure Samsung will tweak it masterfully to satisfy those who are in the market for a future Note device.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have really enjoyed the Note 5 coming from years of BlackBerry, yes the BlackBerrys were amazing phones and they do have some nice tweeks that android does not even have, like double tap to wake the fricking screen to name my pet peeve.

I would like to see the Note what ever number it is be a tad wider and make the case out of brushed aluminum or something so cool in different colors verses this fingerprint magnet glass :(

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to keep my Note 5 for as long as possible and if it goes down, I've got extended warranty from VZ and I'll get a replacement. The Note 5 is running so well and doing everything I want from it, honestly... what's the rush? Dropping another grand, I'll do it when I have to.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to keep my Note 5 for as long as possible and if it goes down, I've got extended warranty from VZ and I'll get a replacement. The Note 5 is running so well and doing everything I want from it, honestly... what's the rush? Dropping another grand, I'll do it when I have to.
This is how I feel. But by then will they still have Note 5 warranty replacements?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

That seems so weird - they purchase Harmon Audio, I assume to get better stereo performance for their smart phones. Why would they entertain a blunder like this? That sounds really far fetched... the sound MIGHT work well when the pen is docked, but traveling up through the empty tube when the pen is removed? Are these guys seriously Engineers? I hope "Rumor" remains "Rumor"!!!

BTW, thanks for the link Owen - it was a good read!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc