It's going to be hard to give up my note 5 for the note 8!

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You're welcome. I'm excited about the phone but I'm going to feel like I'm breaking up with a girlfriend when I switch.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
If Samsung does have the courage to release a new Note 8,
the number one question people will be asking:

"it's not going to explode or catch fire like the Note 7, I hope?"

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
This is how I feel. But by then will they still have Note 5 warranty replacements?

In the past, VZ would give you the most current or next in line phone usually from the same company's phone you're now using. Like from the S3 to S4.

Now... truthfully from a long time customer of Verizon...

VZ is doing anything and everything to make it much more difficult to obtain an extended warranty replacement, especially if you think the battery has degraded much farther than VZ... thinks! They blame the rules on Samsung but from my experience, VZ is simply playing hardball and making replacement under extended warranty even more of a 'trying' experience than ever before.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
In the past, VZ would give you the most current or next in line phone usually from the same company's phone you're now using. Like from the S3 to S4.

VZ is doing anything and everything to make it much more difficult to obtain an extended warranty replacement, especially if you think the battery has degraded much farther than VZ... thinks! They blame the rules on Samsung but from my experience, VZ is simply playing hardball and making replacement under extended warranty even more of a 'trying' experience than ever before.
This is one reason why I left Verizon. I always had horrible customer service with them. Almost as bad as sprint.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

This is very unfortunate to hear. :(

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This is one reason why I left Verizon. I always had horrible customer service with them. Almost as bad as sprint.

With Verizon, I called it "Top of the Hill Arrogance" and switched to AT&T after almost 21 years with Verizon... I started with Verizon when I was a Medical Electronics Field Service Engineer and they gave me my first Motorola bag phone... God, did I have to bring that up? (I still have that bag phone, btw)

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Keep sake
Dug into my closet, did a major dusting job then read the Mfgr date - Nov 1989! Back when Verizon was Nynex!!!

Circa_1990.jpg

I titled this one "My First Cell Phone" - God, am I old! In a couple of previous posts, I've stated that I had been with Verizon for 25 years before switching to AT&T, yet I kept thinking God, is that really possible? There it is!!!

Last edited:

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm all in for a rear mount finger print scanner because my Note 5 and S7 FP scanners are junk compared to the rear mount on other phones I've had. Aside from that I love my Note 5 so much that my S7 has been sitting in a drawer until yesterday when it got Nougat and I am really loving this update. Can't wait for my Note to get it!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm all in for a rear mount finger print scanner because my Note 5 and S7 FP scanners are junk compared to the rear mount on other phones I've had. Aside from that I love my Note 5 so much that my S7 has been sitting in a drawer until yesterday when it got Nougat and I am really loving this update. Can't wait for my Note to get it!
Isn't the S8 going to have a finger print scanner imbedded under the glass panel on the from?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the S8 going to have a finger print scanner imbedded under the glass panel on the from?
Rumor Control can't seem to make up their minds - I have heard what you're saying but I've also seen pictures of the rear mounted button, so who really knows what it will end up being. I held a Google Pixel phone and it really wasn't that bad to access the rear mounted fingerprint sensor on that. I could handle it if that's what happens...

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
My at&t Note 5 is best phone I've owned and its paid off. S7 edge lasted less than 72 hrs. The only thing I neeed to do is replace the battery. Will have it done for about 60.00 and I'm good for what I do. 64gb with additional 30gb of free cloud coverage that is backed up on laptop does me just fine. I would hope in lieu of the Note 7 problems, Samsung would not increase cost very much to regain any lost customer base and encourage previous note owners to upgrade. Is it possible to wireless charge with aluminum body?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie