How to Remove T-Mobile features?

ex0LL

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I purchased my Samsung Note 5 (region unlocked) as refurbished from an eBay seller.

I was very satisfied of the product at the beginning, until I realized the device was rooted and had to go through hell to restore it. I avoided eBay refund/substitution due to process time & all, so here I am after restoring the stock firmware and unrooting my phone.

So now here's my question: before the unrooting process, my phone didn't present any T-Mobile applications or booting messages;now after the firmware restock, my phone is still region unlocked (which lets my carrier from Italy work fine) but full of T-Mobile applications and booting/shutting down screens.

It's not really a vital matter, but I was wondering if there's a way to get rid of the T-Mobile thingamajig or it's a matter of firmware?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Some of them can be uninstalled and the rest, as far as I know, you just disable in app settings.

I have my Note 5 rooted as yours was, to remove all the T-Mobile bloat and it also improved the battery life not having any of that installed.

ex0LL

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
What I don't like of rooting is that device's integrity is often compromised;plus lots of applications from Google Play Store are not compatible and will not run.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
All you can do is disable the apps again.

Also, because your phone was once rooted, if you ever try and use Samsung Pay, it will never work on that phone.

ex0LL

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
About the SamsungPay service app, I wouldn't make use of it.

As for the T-Mobile applications, I disabled it from Settings>Applications Manager but I couldn't disable the one called just "T-Mobile", only the sub-apps of it. All I could do about that was to uninstall the updates.

I guess there's no escape to that unless I root my device (?)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Package Disabler disables the apps, it will not get rid if them permanently.

Well, no. But they don't run, they don't show up anywhere. It's the closest you can get to permanently deleting them, without going the "root" route.

As far as the startup/shutdown screens, nothing much you can do there, but you'll only see them when starting up and shutting down, which happens very rarely :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20