Replacement screen not turning on, solid blue notification light

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've run into a problem with the replacement screen I've just tried to install. The phone is a Galaxy Note 5, SM-N920V, Verizon model, if that makes any difference.

I recently dropped the phone on its top left corner, causing damage to the some component of the screen. The screen started turning a dark blue to purple to black, starting in the top left corner and bottom, and eventually spreading and consuming the whole screen. The touch screen was not responsive when I tried using my finger tips, but the stylus pen would work and it didn't seem like the functionality of the phone suffered, just the screen.

I have since bought an OEM, replacement screen and have tried taking the phone apart and replacing the screen myself (I know, I'm dumb for not getting insurance).

Having put everything except the rear cover back together, I tried turning the phone on, but the screen will not illuminate and the notification light is a solid blue.

Could this be a hardware issue with the motherboard? Or have I missed some step when replacing all the components? I don't believe I've damaged any components during the replacement, but I won't rule it out.

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Seems you missed some connection when you replaced the screen.. If you can find YouTube video showing how to do it, that would be helpful. In any case, it seems you will have to take it off again to see what's not lined up /connected..

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the response Tim1954.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting all of the connectors as you said to be sure everything is plugged in, but to no avail.

I have notice that there are two small cracks in what looks to be the LCD screen beneath the glass. It is hard to make out in the picture, but they are clearly visible in the correct light. Could this be the source of the problem?

I've tried by best to handle the screen as delicately as possible, so I don't recall damaging it in any way. As it has already been installed on the phone, there is probably no chance of getting replacement from the vendor?

Thanks again

IMG_0978.jpg