Samsung Galaxy Note5

A

AC Question

Hello to all.....

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note5 that was broken and I want to transfer the chip with all my info on it. Can anyone tell me what chip on the mother board of a note 5 stores my recordings and info?

Thanks for your time

Take care and God Bless

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not that simple. The memory chips are soldered on the motherboard, so it'd probably be a huge undertaking to swap them with another motherboard. And depending on how the phone broke, you can't be sure that there isn't some problem with those chips themselves. How did the phone break?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not that simple. The memory chips are soldered on the motherboard, so it'd probably be a huge undertaking to swap them with another motherboard. And depending on how the phone broke, you can't be sure that there isn't some problem with those chips themselves. How did the phone break?

IF you are SUPER GOOD with a MICRO soldier iron... Maybe you can do this. But even ifixit didn't identify which chips are memory. But depending on what's broken, maybe you can swap just the board into a new casing?

This isn't for the feint of heart to try.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+Note5+Teardown/51083

zeek714

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Well it was taken apart to replace the camera. After the board was taken out, it fell and broke off the piece where the camera fits through. The reason for wanting to retrieve the info is because I have recordings of a friend who has passed. Also I have some from my mother.

Thanks again to everyone who answers..Take care and God Bless

By the way, I was going to try and use heat to remove and replace the chip, hoping it would not damage the chip

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Even if you were able to remove the memory chips, you'd have to solder them into a new motherboard. I'd recommend looking for an expert technician to see if this can be done for you. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech