Tips for adjusting Note 5 for nougat for best results?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Basically - nothing. If you have specific needs that require adjustments, you'll have to tell us what they are.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I figured out a lot like the night mode. Any tips for increased battery? If I change the display from fhd to the higher one will it make a big difference?

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Help please. I wasn't getting messages until I picked up my phone, turned the screen, then messages from two hours before came through. I had not used my phone in those two hours and the first time I turned it back on they came through. What setting did I mess up or need to change? I'm using medium power saving mode.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Help please. I wasn't getting messages until I picked up my phone, turned the screen, then messages from two hours before came through. I had not used my phone in those two hours and the first time I turned it back on they came through. What setting did I mess up or need to change? I'm using medium power saving mode.

Are you using the stock messaging app? Try clearing the Dalvik cache as stated in the other threads. You might contact your carrier about it as well. And go through and check all of your settings, there is a setting somewhere that restricts background data, and a setting that restricts background notifications. Mine does not do what you described

Last edited:

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Whatever you can't change with a theme can be changed with a custom launcher and a wallpaper. The only thing that I can't change at all is the white notifications shade.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Whatever you can't change with a theme can be changed with a custom launcher and a wallpaper. The only thing that I can't change at all is the white notifications shade.
True about the notification shade. I had good lock before nougat. After, it removed it. I am not happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37