Moving Google contacts to Phone Memory

A

AC Question

I am Note 5 user and recently got an OPPO.

My note 5 had my contacts saved on the phone memory and it was very neat and clean list of around 900 contacts. Since i wanted to have the same contacts on my new phone I tried to sync it with my google account and here everything got messed up. The contacts have all been removed from my phone memory and now google displays the list of over 2000 contacts inclusive of just email address that i have ever used. Anyways after much hassle i tried to trim this list down and check 'do not show' contacts without numbers' the google contacts are somewhat useable and I am ok with that.

However now i don't see names in WhatsApp/Viber list as there are no contacts in Phone and they don't take contacts from Google account.

Kindly someone tell me an easy way (not a confusing one) that I can simply copy the 900 odd contacts that I now see in my contacts coming from google account into my Phone memory and get whatsapp and viber to be alright again.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would be best to keep them in Google Contacts and edit them there. Your Google Contacts sync automatically with any device that's logged into your Google account, and WhatsApp or Viber should then be able to access them through the Contacts app. If you try to move them all to the local Phone account, then you'll probably set yourself up for more headaches in the future when you need to change phones again. And if something happens to the phone and all of your contacts are only saved to the local Phone account, then you'll lose all of that data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX