walmart coupon malware

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I seem to be getting pop ups for walmart coupons on Google and chrome. Any one know how to get rid Of This crap. Thanks In Advance.

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Did some research. Another possibility is through ringtone apps. Sanitized both Google and chrome so we'll how it goes.

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Removed aftermarket ringtone and the ringtone app. Completely disabled Google and chrome clearing out the app caches. Reinstalled apps from play store. No more Wally World Coupon pop up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
See what happens if you re-enable the Google app and Chrome. Was the popup only appearing when you were actively browsing, or did it appear when you were on the homescreen or within any other app?

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
See what happens if you re-enable the Google app and Chrome. Was the popup only appearing when you were actively browsing, or did it appear when you were on the homescreen or within any other app?

Re-enabled both still got the dumb pop-up trying again. The haed part is its so infrequent. No malware or adware is ever detected.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, but does it only appear when you're actively browsing? If so, then it's almost certainly related to the website you were on. Popup ads while browsing are related to the website, not malware or adware.

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok, but does it only appear when you're actively browsing? If so, then it's almost certainly related to the website you were on. Popup ads while browsing are related to the website, not malware or adware.

Only happens when browsing. Well that at least makes me a littl e more comfortable.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The malware and auto downloads that come to your phone unexpectedly are pure concern on the internet these days.

I was on a history page, reading about Elizabeth I. I went to scroll down, from mid page and just by simply touching the screen, I got five auto downloads that hit my phone.

Immediately, I ran a Verizon protection scan and it showed no threats. I then went into the my file section and removed all the downloads including the installation one. Then did a clean partition wipe and rebooted the phone.

I looked around elsewhere and didn't see anything... strange.

The internet, including what you might think is safe, is a minefield of phishers and very bad people.

Question... ? Is there any place on my phone that I should specifically look at, where maybe some malware... is hiding?

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Clime14er

Thanks for the idea. Went into my files. Found a folder from zedge download ringtone (I have a horrible time with ring tones). Deleted. I also contacted goggle. Will post their reply later.

Last edited: