Screen On!

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Since the Nougat update, my call screen keeps turning on during a call. I can spend several hours a day on phone calls and this seems to be draining the battery. I am guessing this is a bug in Nougat, anyone else seeing this?
Thanks

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Since the Nougat update, my call screen keeps turning on during a call. I can spend several hours a day on phone calls and this seems to be draining the battery. I am guessing this is a bug in Nougat, anyone else seeing this?
Thanks

I have this bug as well and is pretty annoying. First saw it during Whatsapp voice call

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok thanks. Sometimes I am on phone calls totaling 5 hours a day and this has increased screen time on dramatically. Hope they fix soon.

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

Happening to me as well. What I've done to work around it is to minimize out the phone app back to my home screen (or almost any other app) and then turn off the screen. This seems to keep it off the entire call.

SKalber

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Mine does this too. I even try turning off the screen with the power button and it still comes back on..... I will try minimizing out. I also thought of clearing the system cache. I will let you know if it works.

Last edited:

SKalber

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just wiped the system cache and my screen still won't shut off during a call. I did minimize out and that worked.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I am on conference calls many times throughout the day, many times while I'm on the call I have my phone on the charger.
This does not occur on my phone.

Edit: This happened to me today 4/27. I'm guessing it has happened before, but most times I don't leave the call screen up and therefore I didn't notice. Once it is off of the call screen it doesn't occur.

Last edited:

oddtay

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here! Doesn't matter if it's speakerphone or Bluetooth, display stays on. When it times out, it comes right back on. Hit the power button, comes back on.

Thanks for the minimizing tip! That worked.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with screen staying on during a call until I did a factory restore. Problem fixed! Pain in the you know what to go through but well worth the time. Even the battery optimization section is better. I now get 90 - 100% where as before it was 75-80.