No love for Nougat update?

Matthew_Kenobi

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, but I loath the Nougat update... features used removed, simplicity made more difficult ... is there a way to rollback?
(Cant schedule a text message anymore, the quick links at the top of the message app are gone, now have to slide to another window, cant add a recipient to an existing thread (either deletes the new recipient on return or dumps the existing typed draft and starts a new message))

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but I loath the Nougat update... features used removed, simplicity made more difficult ... is there a way to rollback?
(Cant schedule a text message anymore, the quick links at the top of the message app are gone, now have to slide to another window, cant add a recipient to an existing thread (either deletes the new recipient on return or dumps the existing typed draft and starts a new message))

Who's your carrier? My message app had got some bugs, but I still have schedule and the quick links on mine. I got at&t and I love the update. The good stuff far out weighs the bad stuff. The only thing on the message app I don't like is long messages are truncated with a "view all" button at the bottom.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Never had an update that improved my phone--and I've had plenty of updates. Nougat is no exception.

I've had worse luck with iPhones. I updated the os on an iPhone once that turned it into a brick. No function whatsoever. Contacted Apple. "Oh, your phone can't handle that update." So I told them to put it back. They said we can't. I asked what was I suppose to do with a dead phone. Their answer was "throw it away and get a new phone." So I did. A Samsung.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Never had an update that improved my phone--and I've had plenty of updates. Nougat is no exception.
Tend to agree, it seems OS updates can be hit or miss. I find the initial release OS is usually the best version for the phone. New updates usually ask more from the existing hardware which can mean degraded performance. However, there are rare times when an OS upgrade has been optimised and is better but for me that's never been a reality more if a theory...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692