Galaxy note 5 warranty process

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, my wife's note 5 has recently developed this faint but thick line near the top of the screen. It looks like a slightly discoloured rectangle shaped line, spanning from one end to the other just before the top. noticeable when looking at a solid background colour. It's like a 1 inch thick block is slightly different hue of colour from the rest of the screen.

Besides that's issue, she's complained of the camera exhibiting a purple hue around the edges in low light pictures recently as well.

I've never had to warranty a phone through Samsung before, she's nervous she will get back a used looking phone, she's kept hers looking brand new in a uag case since day one. I assume they replace her phone entirely that it won't be for a brand new one but a refurb. Anyone have experiences with their warranty exhanged phones?

Overall she loves her phone, still performances great, snappy exynos soc still more then powerful enough as well. It was her note 5 that prompted me to buy my first android (note 7 RIP)

She has no interest in upgrading anytime soon so she's hoping this repair/exchange won't be too painful

Btw she just got her nougat update today on it, runs great, looks almost identical to my note 7

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Let's start with the usual disclaimer. Unfortunately, everyone's experience with a warranty repair will be different. For the most part, I'd expect that they will repair the device if you use Samsung service.

If you bought a US carrier device from Samsung, your warranty service may be though your carrier. I bought a factory refurbished Verizon Note 4 directly from Samsung, and it is serviced through Verizon as though they sold it themselves. I called Samsung to set up an exchange because the phone they sold me had a strange tint to the display. They told me to call Verizon. Big Red sent me a replacement (also refurbished) that looked and works like new.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I got ours through Rogers, interesting thing is we got the phone last march but didn't register it till august apparently because when I look up the warranty through Samsung it says it's good till august 2nd for parts and labor

Was a nice surprise because I was worried it was our just as these issues arised

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me that the thing to do is call Samsung to set up the warranty service claim before anyone discovers the discrepancy.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Not the first time this has happened

I also bought a tablet from bid wars earlier this year. They got it for Christmas but never even took it out of the box to use it. So when I opened it up and registered of, my Samsung warranty didn't start until I went and registered the device with them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000