Touch issues / Screen sensitivity issues on Nougat

sajjadm1

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I wanted feedback regarding this whether someone else is experiencing this or not.

I have gradually observed during the last few days that a lot of my touches to click have gone unresponsive in Nougat. Initially it was something that I hadnt quite noticed but slowly the trend became obvious. Now dont get me wrong, this would happen a few times here and there with lollipop and MM as well, but the rate is far higher now on Nougat. Especially when typing on the keyboard this means mis-spelled words, missed letters, and accuracy is far worse now.

Has anyone else observed this or is it just me?

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I wanted feedback regarding this whether someone else is experiencing this or not.

I have gradually observed during the last few days that a lot of my touches to click have gone unresponsive in Nougat. Initially it was something that I hadnt quite noticed but slowly the trend became obvious. Now dont get me wrong, this would happen a few times here and there with lollipop and MM as well, but the rate is far higher now on Nougat. Especially when typing on the keyboard this means mis-spelled words, missed letters, and accuracy is far worse now.

There hasn't been for me. The only touch issues I have is with Gmail, which is a problem within the app itself

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

These kinds of issues can often be fixed by clearing the app and system caches. It's kind of like dumping your Windows TEMP folder and rebooting. This isn't a reset and you don't lose anything.

This will clear the app cache.

1. Go to SETTINGS, and find STORAGE.
2. Wait for the used space to calculate, then tap CACHED DATA, then CLEAR.

Then clear the system cache. This is from T-Mobile, but it works with just about all Note devices. Be careful here -- it's possible and very easy to wipe your device here.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27659

sajjadm1

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
These kinds of issues can often be fixed by clearing the app and system caches. It's kind of like dumping your Windows TEMP folder and rebooting. This isn't a reset and you don't lose anything.

This will clear the app cache.

1. Go to SETTINGS, and find STORAGE.
2. Wait for the used space to calculate, then tap CACHED DATA, then CLEAR.

Then clear the system cache. This is from T-Mobile, but it works with just about all Note devices. Be careful here -- it's possible and very easy to wipe your device here.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27659

Thanks for the help mate.

But just letting you know i factory reset my device 3 times after the update. Do you still think its a matter of clearing the cache or could it possibly be some other issue?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help mate.

But just letting you know i factory reset my device 3 times after the update. Do you still think its a matter of clearing the cache or could it possibly be some other issue?

Nope. Clearing the cache isn't going to help if the factory data reset (FDR) didn't do anything. I missed that you'd done that.

You said that you were seeing this before the OS update. The only thing that I can come up with is that whatever was causing the issue with your phone before the update wasn't replaced during the update process. The FDR just restarts the phone with the currently-loaded OS.

The fix might be to reload the OS itself. Then you're starting completely fresh. The FDR just wipes your apps and data. This process will involve downloading a fresh copy of the OS and then installing it. The Samsung techs can often do this in the store or repair shop. You can do it yourself too. You can use Samsung's Smart Switch for that (easier), or you can use Samsung's ODIN application and grab the OS yourself. Smart Switch will identify the OS that your phone needs, then download and install it. Using the ODIN tool takes a bit more work on your part. There are a lot of tutorials over at XDA that can walk you through it.

Last edited:

sajjadm1

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Clearing the cache isn't going to help if the factory data reset (FDR) didn't do anything. I missed that you'd done that.

You said that you were seeing this before the OS update. The only thing that I can come up with is that whatever was causing the issue with your phone before the update wasn't replaced during the update process. The FDR just restarts the phone with the currently-loaded OS.

The fix might be to reload the OS itself. Then you're starting completely fresh. The FDR just wipes your apps and data. This process will involve downloading a fresh copy of the OS and then installing it. The Samsung techs can often do this in the store or repair shop. You can do it yourself too. You can use Samsung's Smart Switch for that (easier), or you can use Samsung's ODIN application and grab the OS yourself. Smart Switch will identify the OS that your phone needs, then download and install it. Using the ODIN tool takes a bit more work on your part. There are a lot of tutorials over at XDA that can walk you through it.

I guess i didnt express myself correctly but I was trying to say this wasnt an issue prior ro the Nougat update. It now is. Perhaps i am monitoring my touches on the screen a bit too closely which is why the unresponsive clicks are more apparent. Maybe its sometime the angle that the finger touches the screen which stops it drom veing registered,

Anyways i shall try the advice you mentioned and get my OS reloaded. Thank you so much for the detailed response and procedure to doing this

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
After you reload the OS, resist the temptation to restore from a cloud backup. Set the phone up as though you never had an Android device and download the apps fresh. If your issue is caused by a corrupt app or system setting, you could just put it right back on the freshly-loaded phone if you restore from a backup.

Good luck.

sajjadm1

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
After you reload the OS, resist the temptation to restore from a cloud backup. Set the phone up as though you never had an Android device and download the apps fresh. If your issue is caused by a corrupt app or system setting, you could just put it right back on the freshly-loaded phone if you restore from a backup.

Good luck.

Thats a good pointer, ill keep that in mind

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=653752&p=5173974&viewfull=1#post5173974

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=653752&p=5511961&viewfull=1#post5511961

Did both and took care of my issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2