Note 5 Nougat Update Panic

MyPhoneHurts

May 2, 2017
Visit site
My carrier is shoving the destructo Nougat 7.0 update to my beloved Note 5. I've managed to postpone but it's getting really aggressive. No way to turn off notifications. I am reading that it truly destroys the Note 5. I love my phone, I do not need or want to "upgrade" to a curved screen $800 phone but am terrified that within days this update will happen with no more option to postpone!
Spent 3 hours on the line with Tmobile...to be told badically..yes this is true..and you have to buy a new ph!!
Anybody have any experience with this on the Note 5? I am furious. Why can't they just leave our phones alone?

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I like all the new changes except the teeny icons on the notification drop down screen. Hoping they update that in the near future but it's not the most used thing on the phone for me so it's no big deal. I actually spent hours doing a factory reset several days after I did the update. It fixed one problem and runs even better so it was worth the time. Don't be afraid of an update. I have T-Mobile as well and the phone works great!

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
only issue I had was with fast charging. After factory reset it fixed. Very smooth and fast than with marshmallow. I like it now much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38