No signal/network on my note 5

A

AC Question

Hi everyone, so I just got this note 5 N920P last two weeks but I noticed its OS was lollipop...waited for updates for 7.0 but nothing so I went ahead and downloaded Odin with latest firmware from samobile and did it my self, now here the problems start to show first of all this hands free activation thingy always fail to finish. The main issue is the phone recognise the sim card but no network is available just not allowed sign shows instead of bars:(
Please guys help me I love this phone!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Marshmallow comes after lollipop. You have jumped over to the most recent version which may not even be compatible with that device. You may have to go back to original firmware and hope it still works

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If the OP bought a Sprint Note 5, then I'd expect that it likely had Marshmallow on it if he bought it new. Sometimes it can take some time after activation for the carrier's update server to recognize a new device on the network. If he bought it used then it's entirely possible that it had Lollipop, especially if it had been sitting in a drawer or warehouse for the last year. Sprint released Marshmallow in March of last year, and Nougat very recently. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the carrier couldn't push Android 7 if the device hadn't been upgraded to Android 6.

FOR THE OP:
Did you buy the phone and have it working on Sprint? If it worked before you attempted the upgrade, there's a good chance that either the update didn't successfully complete or that you loaded the incorrect firmware. You have to use the firmware for your exact model or things don't work. In both cases, the fix is to reflash the firmware again. Before you do that, verify that the firmware is made for your SM-N920P.