Anyone still waiting for N on their Note 5?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You're stronger than I could have been, especially after seeing the difference that Nougat made on my S7 Edge. I'd have given in weeks ago if Verizon hadn't pushed it to my Note 5.

I can't imagine that there are any carriers that haven't pushed it yet, and I've seen a bunch of firmware released for models all over the world. I'm not so sure about a US unlocked model though. Has that been pushed as well?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Miss my note 5. Curious are any of you going for the Note 8 when it's launched? Anyone go back to the note 5 after the note7 recall

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I still have my Note 5 but I use an S7 for my daily phone, wanted water resistance and a smaller size for summer. I've owned the Note 2, 3, 4, and 5, skipped the N7 because it was an edge display and will probably skip the N8.

I've only owned Samsung phones since 2012, and I'm thinking Moto or LG will be my next phone, I CANNOT hold the edge phones without pressing the screen nor do I like having videos and games wrap around the edge. There's also less room for the S Pen to write because I'm not going to write on a rounded edge.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You're stronger than I could have been, especially after seeing the difference that Nougat made on my S7 Edge. I'd have given in weeks ago if Verizon hadn't pushed it to my Note 5.

I can't imagine that there are any carriers that haven't pushed it yet, and I've seen a bunch of firmware released for models all over the world. I'm not so sure about a US unlocked model though. Has that been pushed as well?

Well, the Note is a secondary device for me, being my upgrade with AT&T. My primary device is a Pixel, so I have Nougat already. That's a bigger reason why I've been able to hold off for so long on forcing the update. I think the update has been pushed to unlocked models.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Miss my note 5. Curious are any of you going for the Note 8 when it's launched? Anyone go back to the note 5 after the note7 recall

The Note 5 will probably be my last and only Note. I don't care much for the physical size.

biz_kid1

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
What do you seem to have trouble with? Did you get the update Over the Air (OTA)?

OTA...as in I woke up to a message that said I had an update ready, then yes. Things like the scrolling screen capture disappeared and I have a DND app that runs at night and it's not working as it should...software stuff, I'm sure.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OTA...as in I woke up to a message that said I had an update ready, then yes. Things like the scrolling screen capture disappeared and I have a DND app that runs at night and it's not working as it should...software stuff, I'm sure.

Have you tried a cache clear in settings>storage?

biz_kid1

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried a cache clear in settings>storage?
Well, just tried to access Settings and I can't scroll up on the screen...it just bounces but I know there are more options there. But I did find a scrolling screen capture option... it was moved.
03848c1b3f0e66c83c60436f9a5f31e5.jpg

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, just tried to access Settings and I can't scroll up on the screen...it just bounces but I know there are more options there. But I did find a scrolling screen capture option... it was moved.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170524/03848c1b3f0e66c83c60436f9a5f31e5.jpg

Storage is under device maintenance. The subheading lists storage and memory. If you click on that, click on storage (if the breakdown comes up again), click cache. That should clear almost everything. Then do a reboot.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nougat is not all that its made out to be,
More of a pain in the as s AS BUGS keep showing up

I already have Nougat on my Pixel. I don't think the base OS is that bad. I was wondering how many people were still waiting for it.

Nougat does a lot of behind the scenes changes anyway. Doze got revamped a little, for example.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
After using Nougat since the Verizon Release, I'm finding this 'update' to be one of the weakest from Google in quite some time. Marshmallow was running very smoothly and while there are some improvements to Nougat, the latter has more negative quirks than positive.

I feel as if Google had so many employees on the payroll, they needed to justify their employment by having them work on Nougat. The update is OK, but frankly, not as smooth as Marshmallow.

Google should spend more time on designing higher battery capacity and improved battery management. That's what's really needed with these phones. Not tweaking the white background!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay