Automatically going to weather app

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Every time I click on a news story on my Google page on my note 5 and I get done with it, I click out of it and it automatically goes to my weather app screen instead of going to phone home screen. Does anyone know why it does that?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I click the 1 on top of my Google page to close tab then it goes to my weather app

Ok...here is what I tried to recreate what you are seeing (if I am doing something incorrect, please tell me). I open Chrome browser (based on your description of the 1 in the box to close the open tab) I click on the same thing; the 1 (or whatever number of tabs open in Chrome) in the box near the upper right hand corner. I swipe away the tab, and I get kicked out of Chrome and go right to my homescreen.

Here is a catch; on my Pixel, if I close all the tabs doing the same procedure, Chrome does not shut down. I have a black screen until I either force open a new tab or I close the Chrome app.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok...here is what I tried to recreate what you are seeing (if I am doing something incorrect, please tell me). I open Chrome browser (based on your description of the 1 in the box to close the open tab) I click on the same thing; the 1 (or whatever number of tabs open in Chrome) in the box near the upper right hand corner. I swipe away the tab, and I get kicked out of Chrome and go right to my homescreen.

Here is a catch; on my Pixel, if I close all the tabs doing the same procedure, Chrome does not shut down. I have a black screen until I either force open a new tab or I close the Chrome app.

Sorry it's more the Google search bar I go to at first and a bunch of news stories pop up. It does it if I go to a news story there. If I'm in chrome app and clear app then it goes to my homepage but not when I use the search bar part of google

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry it's more the Google search bar I go to at first and a bunch of news stories pop up. It does it if I go to a news story there. If I'm in chrome app and clear app then it goes to my homepage but not when I use the search bar part of google

Ok, I just did that with the search bar, and I still go back to my homescreen. Are you using the stock launcher?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae