Note 7 Defender has a new, radical design change!

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If it's plastic I don't imagine it will be too scratch resistant. Hopefully they will warranty it over excessive scratches.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If it's plastic I don't imagine it will be too scratch resistant. Hopefully they will warranty it over excessive scratches.

I might just end up sticking with my Supcase Unicorn then if it scratches too easily since you won't be able to remove the screen protector on this model.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm just worried the plastic screen protector will scratch easily. I want to check this one out in person. Or at the very least watch a review of it.

The one on the S7 Edge case hasn't gotten a scratch on it on mine and I am pretty rough with it. My only concern with the Note 7 would be how it would work with the s pen, I'd imagine it won't glide as smooth as on the naked screen

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
The one on the S7 Edge case hasn't gotten a scratch on it on mine and I am pretty rough with it. My only concern with the Note 7 would be how it would work with the s pen, I'd imagine it won't glide as smooth as on the naked screen
That's good to hear. I had a invisible shield on my note 5 and it worked nicely. Definitely not a fluid as the glass screen but it wasn't bad either.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
They don't show it on the Otterbox website, but Amazon now has the Defender listed. Granted it is not in stock yet and won't be for some time, but the screen protector looks like a hard piece of clear plastic instead of the tradition kind of screen protector. I wonder if this will have a tight fit now, and how screen sensitivity will be with it if it doesn't have any play in it.

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-DEF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5318332

I so want this.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I had a Defender on my Note2, but I didn't like the double-touch. I could feel the screen protector then the Note2 screen itself. So I dumped that case and went with a separate case and screen protector. Hope this one for the N7 works better than that.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had a Defender on my Note2, but I didn't like the double-touch. I could feel the screen protector then the Note2 screen itself. So I dumped that case and went with a separate case and screen protector. Hope this one for the N7 works better than that.

I had the same issue with the Defender on my iPhone. Whilst I wanted an encapsulating case, the Defender's screen protector was just horrible and sat raised from the screen of my iPhone, so when I touched the screen, I had to press it own until it touched the phone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with the Defender on my iPhone. Whilst I wanted an encapsulating case, the Defender's screen protector was just horrible and sat raised from the screen of my iPhone, so when I touched the screen, I had to press it own until it touched the phone.

This new design the entire top half of the case appears to be a hard clear plastic unlike other defenders where you have the clear film type so there won't be any way to remove it since it's part of teh case now.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This new design the entire top half of the case appears to be a hard clear plastic unlike other defenders where you have the clear film type so there won't be any way to remove it since it's part of teh case now.

If it sits completely flush with the phone and offers the same (or as near as damn it) screen sensitivity as a naked screen, then it's all good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta