Amazon frustration free packaging?

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I have 2 questions for you all tonight. I was just looking on amazon for a Samsung OEM wireless charger. Now, I usually shop on amazon (thank goodness for the family members who share their prime) but I was noticed for the first time I had an option for packaging. The price is either 23.07 for "Amazon frustrstion free packaging" or 29.46 for "Standard packaging". Can someone explain the difference to me? Is it worth the cheaper price to get the amazon packaging? I tried googling but it really wasnt too clear to me, so I apologize if it is a silly question.

Now my second question is this. I am very picky about chargers. I like to use only OEM cables and plugs to minimize battery damage. Can somebody tell me if this is in fact an original from samsung? I have never bought a charger like this before and I am afraid of getting one that isnt authentic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5334038

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Posted via the Android Central App

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
This answer is coming from someone who sells on Amazon (used books). This charger is shipped from and sold by Amazon and that means you are protected by the Amazon guarantee. If Amazon says this product is from Samsung you can bank on it. The "frustration free packaging" means that it comes minus the retail box which makes it easier to ship and in some cases the frustration free packaging protects the product better. Go for it!

seanmten

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
1. This packaging usually just means it's a simple brown cardboard box that is easier to open (and probably cheaper too.)
2. It says it's "sold by Samsung", but I've been duped before. The question I would ask is if it's a fast wireless charger. I have a first generation wireless charger from Samsung (that looks like this) and I've had issues with placement and very slow charging. I didn't look into the direct page too much.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
1. This packaging usually just means it's a simple brown cardboard box that is easier to open (and probably cheaper too.)
2. It says it's "sold by Samsung", but I've been duped before. The question I would ask is if it's a fast wireless charger. I have a first generation wireless charger from Samsung (that looks like this) and I've had issues with placement and very slow charging. I didn't look into the direct page too much.

This one is not the fast charger. However, I just found the fast charger version sold by samsung for 40.99 with 2 day prime shipping. I might just go for that instead! Thank you for your answers!

Now has anybody seen "Free shipping for prime customers once available"? Does this mean its 2 day shipping or no?

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Oh and one more question- are these fast charging pads bad for overnight use? Should I just use a regular cord when charging at night?

seanmten

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
This one is not the fast charger. However, I just found the fast charger version sold by samsung for 40.99 with 2 day prime shipping. I might just go for that instead! Thank you for your answers!

Now has anybody seen "Free shipping for prime customers once available"? Does this mean its 2 day shipping or no?

This usually means that it's back ordered but once they receive their expected stock it will be delivered to you through your prime 2-day shipping.

Oh and one more question- are these fast charging pads bad for overnight use? Should I just use a regular cord when charging at night?

I've read conflicting reports on this. Here's what I've heard: wireless charging produces more heat; A lot of wireless charging products will turn off once charging has completed, which is better for your battery as it doesn't continually receive a charge; A slower charge will put less stress on your battery; Wireless charging will prevent wear on your charging port.
Realistically, if it's a Samsung designed charger made to use with your product, I would think that they would have thought about this and designed the product around this use. I think you'd be fine.
Hope this helped!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac