Charger and USB-C charging cables

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've read a number of articles on the issues with USB-C cables not being compliant and causing issues. Android Central has a really nice FAQ posted on this exact topic. I think I can follow that in order to find compliant cables.

What concerns me is there seems to be issues with some chargers as well. I'm likely going to get the Note 7 and don't want to damage it. I'm in need of a new charger for multiple devices and was considering this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5336798) but I'm unclear on whether or not this could cause problems. Benson Leung reviewed a similar (but not the same) Aukey charger and found it wasn't complaint.

Bottom line - how the heck do I know if the charging hardware I'm buying is going to be safe for use with a Note 7 or any other USB-C device?

Thanks.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
QC 2.0 over USB C is not 'compliant'.

Any (quality) Qualcomm quick charge 2.0 charger along with a quality USB a-c cable should be safe. Try Anker or Choe for chargers, and Anker or iOrange for cables.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I picked up several different brands and tried them all today, they all seem to work fine. My most pleasant surprise was this Pinyuan Micro USB Type-C Duo Cable with Type C Convert Adapter . If you are in a household where some folks have micro-USB and others have USB-C needs, then these cables are awesome. I know that the tiny adapters exist, I have a few, but those can get lost. These are part of the cable, and they work great.

They are thin, inexpensive IMO, fairly stylish, very flexible, and they fast charge my Note 7. They are great for cars too in case any passengers have other charging needs. I picked up 3, I may get 3 more at this rate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze