Good screen protector? Already have scratches...

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

So has anyone found a GOOD screen protector for the note 7 yet? I am pretty upset right now as I have a few little scratches on the screen already and I have only had the phone in my pocket. No drops or anything else that should scratch it. I usually never use screen protectors and no other phone has scratched this easily. I am coming from the s6 edge plus, before that the iphone 6, etc etc. Never has this happened before. I love the phone but it almost feels ruined already. I didn't want to believe the reviews on youtube as I felt they were just being premature but it really looks like GG5 scratches easier than previos GG. The irony is the screen protectors for the curved screen are not very good.

sigh...

Last edited:

magnet

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Good screem protector? Already have scratches...

When the S7 Edge came out, I had bad experiences with them and cases. They ended up peeling from being too big and against the cases I tried.

I bought Bodyguardz brand and it was slightly smaller than the screen and had no issues.

Bought two for the note 7...will know whenever they arrive in the mail.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think they woukd exchange the phone since it's within 14 days? I'd lose out I think on the preorder promotion but this is just ridiculous. I know technically it's my "fault" but i guess next time I won't put my phone in my pocket... Lol

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Getting my phone today, putting this on right after I open it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5362825

Hopefully just covering the flat area doesn't bother me too much. And if it does, i have this one coming in soon.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 | Screen and Body Protection | Best Skins Ever

There is a case friendly option which is awesome. I'll try to report back :)
Thank you. I asked in another post if maybe the note 5 screen protector would fit on the flat portion of the screen. I'm using the the screen protector that came with the phone yet, and it isn't bothering me, probably just got used to it. Fortunately Verizon didn't print all over the screen protector that came with the phone.

I might try this, wish Verizon carried these, or if the note 5 will work then go that way so they can install it.

Also tell us what you think of the screen protector when you put it on.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5362890

Hopefully just covering the flat area doesn't bother me too much. And if it does, i have this one coming in soon.
Seems like a very good idea. Why wouldn't avoiding the curves work,anyone? No worries about the case taking it off. Let us know how it goes. I am starting to hate the reviews at Amazon anymore, so fake.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I triee IQ skin and the edges started coming up after a day. Tried the verizon tempered glass and it reduces touch sensitivity. Everything seems to get mixed to bad reviews. Honestly I think ill just leave it without a protector until theres a really good one available. The plan is to trade this phone in next year anyway so not going to get too OCD about surface scratches.

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I really don't know why this is a big deal, I have always put some form of protector on the screen.. people need to either deal with the scratch or do something about it. There are protectors that work and some that don't . Fact is there will be others using GG5 it's not isolated to just this phone.

iimthomas

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Not the best pictures, but I was trying to show.. not a holo effect, but a rainbowing effect right at the edge. This is with a glass screen protector that I posted earlier, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5363430

Screen protector is nice and thin, went on perfectly. Its just that rainbow effect at the edge. I'm okay with it for now. Gonna try the bestskinsever and see how that goes. If i don't like that, i got another one of these glass ones to put back on again and I'll just have to live with the rainbow until something else comes out.

IMG_3372.jpg
IMG_3373.jpg

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5363538

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 | Screen and Body Protection | Best Skins Ever

There is a case friendly option which is awesome. I'll try to report back :)

Lord, you are going to be waiting on that SUPTMAX a long time. :(

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I really don't know why this is a big deal, I have always put some form of protector on the screen.. people need to either deal with the scratch or do something about it. There are protectors that work and some that don't . Fact is there will be others using GG5 it's not isolated to just this phone.

The big deal is the quality of gg 5 is subpar to previous versions. Also, screen protectors take away from the experience and if scratches were just inevitable they should recommend using a screen protector but of course they don't. What's worse is they most likely won't honor the quality and replace a phone with screen scratches. Like I said I've never used screen protectors and never had an issue. This thing now has like 3 scratches in a week...
And the biggest irony... There are No good protectors for the phone...so what would you like me to use?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems like a very good idea. Why wouldn't avoiding the curves work,anyone? No worries about the case taking it off. Let us know how it goes. I am starting to hate the reviews at Amazon anymore, so fake.

Well with just the plastic screen protector that comes on the phone, scrolling from side to side, you catch the edge of that protector. It was enough at Best Buy to bug me.

RyanJ2016

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I have still not bought this phone because of the screen protector issues. Is the verizon tempered glass good enough just to get me by and actually buy the phone until something better is released?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I just got it, and I put it on already, images up there :p

Lol. just saw the pics. Question, if you decide to go with the Bestskinever, which screen protection plan would you consider if not wanting to do the body only?

Edit..going with Glossy case to fit.

Last edited:

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If you have an edge phone, you need a case friendly screen cover. I use Ghost Armor, have used them for over 5 plus years. Use normal armor. For the front and the Matte for the rear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1