Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
This is a nightmare that just doesn't seem to end. I'm on a 2 year contract so paid $299 + taxes and fees so around $400. Note 7 is recalled for 2nd time. I get an S7 Edge in store on 10/11/16 paying another $400. I was told the only way to return my N7 was to wait for the box.

Wait a week and no box. Call and am told to return to store. Store says no way, there is a box. Call and am told there is a box that will be coming. Again, silence and no box. I call and tell a rep my dilemma and that I don't appreciate being out an extra $400 on a phone I can't use. She promises to expedite the recovery box.

After not receiving the box after 15 days, I call #611. The first guy isn't aware of any "Recovery Box". I ask to speak to a supervisor. Wait 35 minutes and am finally told they would call back in 48 hours. Told them that was unacceptable. Hang up and call again. Ask for supervisor and they refuse to give me one. I go through the whole scenario with this rep which says first to take back to store. Then comes back and says the boxes are delayed and she can't even order me one. Gives me Samsung's number to call. I absolutely lose it and demand a supervisor. 1 hour and 50 minutes devoted to this now.

Decide to drive to corporate store since they won't answer their phone. Give the Asst. Manager my story and she blames it all on Samsung, but says she will return my phone so I can get my money. Come back this morning to return phone. Took nearly an hour. They return the phone, but inform me the phone has a zero value, so I will not be receiving any credit today. I am clearly frustrated so he goes back to the manager which refuses to show his face on the sales floor. Comes back 20 minutes later to say I will get my money from Samsung. What the hell? I paid Verizon, not Samsung. They don't know when or how, but say I will eventually get a credit. This has been a nightmare. Not sure when I will see my credit, but thinking about contacting the credit card company to reverse the charges. Has anyone else been through a similar scenario?

contacting the credit card company to reverse the charges
I would do this, any chance you saved any of the on line conversations that you had?

Chadouken

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I just created this account to comment on this. I have been through a very similar experience. I went through the first recall with no issue. I brought the defective N7 in to a corporate store and exchanged it for a S7E on a two-year contract plan. The price was exactly the same (close to $400 with all the fees and taxes) so it was a one-to-one exchange. Then when the N7 became available again, I went back to the store and exchanged it back. Again one-to-one. With the final recall, I went to the store to exchange it once again for the S7E, but they were out of stock, would not take my N7, and said I couldn't even return the case for the N7.

So I got on the phone with customer service and ordered a new S7E through them, and went back in to the store and demanded to return the case. They honored it and said a box should be on the way for the N7 and that I will be credited the charge when they receive it. Waited a couple weeks... no box. Called customer service and they had to put an order though and said the box is on its way. I never recieved a tracking number so I checked online and the order was on hold. Called customer service and they told me they pushed it through. Still no tracking, order still on hold. Called customer service and they told me that the order was made in error, that the boxes would be sent automatically and that I should not have been able to place an order for the box. I was assured the box would be here last Saturday. No box.

I just got a shipping label in the mail yesterday, so I called VZW again and asked where the box is. They told me I have to talk to Samsung, and that they couldn't refund me without the phone (I understand that's how it should be- but they should allow the exchange to takle place at their store!). They transferred me to Samsung. Samsung rep said that if I they send me the box, it would go back to Samsung, and I would not be refunded. He then told me to make a conference call with VZW while he stayed on the line. I explained to VZW my situation, with both parties on the line, and the VZW guy placed an order for the box to be shipped to me. He said is a regular shipping box- no special protective layers, which I thought was weird since there is a big deal about exploding phones and whatall.

I just checked my orders online... and there is a hold on my order for the box again. Have not received a tracking number.

So yeah, there is a charge on my account for the S7E. They will not refund the N7 until they get it, but they won't take it to the store. I get conflicting information every time I call VZW, and so far I have had two orders for boxes placed on hold, and a third, vebally guaranteed to arrive last Saturday, MIA. VZW says to call Samsung. Samsung says VZW has to deal with it. Either way, it's not getting resolved.

I'm going to call VZW back and ask why the hell my order is on hold again- the order I placed with the Samsung rep on the line. If that doesn't work I might have to go back to the store and yell at somebody.

The good news is that I had them charge the S7E to my account. I'm just not going to pay them for it if they don't honor the exchange. But the bottom line is, Verizon really dropped the ball here.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
This is a nightmare that just doesn't seem to end. I'm on a 2 year contract so paid $299 + taxes and fees so around $400. Note 7 is recalled for 2nd time. I get an S7 Edge in store on 10/11/16 paying another $400. I was told the only way to return my N7 was to wait for the box.

Wait a week and no box. Call and am told to return to store. Store says no way, there is a box. Call and am told there is a box that will be coming. Again, silence and no box. I call and tell a rep my dilemma and that I don't appreciate being out an extra $400 on a phone I can't use. She promises to expedite the recovery box.

After not receiving the box after 15 days, I call #611. The first guy isn't aware of any "Recovery Box". I ask to speak to a supervisor. Wait 35 minutes and am finally told they would call back in 48 hours. Told them that was unacceptable. Hang up and call again. Ask for supervisor and they refuse to give me one. I go through the whole scenario with this rep which says first to take back to store. Then comes back and says the boxes are delayed and she can't even order me one. Gives me Samsung's number to call. I absolutely lose it and demand a supervisor. 1 hour and 50 minutes devoted to this now.

Decide to drive to corporate store since they won't answer their phone. Give the Asst. Manager my story and she blames it all on Samsung, but says she will return my phone so I can get my money. Come back this morning to return phone. Took nearly an hour. They return the phone, but inform me the phone has a zero value, so I will not be receiving any credit today. I am clearly frustrated so he goes back to the manager which refuses to show his face on the sales floor. Comes back 20 minutes later to say I will get my money from Samsung. What the hell? I paid Verizon, not Samsung. They don't know when or how, but say I will eventually get a credit. This has been a nightmare. Not sure when I will see my credit, but thinking about contacting the credit card company to reverse the charges. Has anyone else been through a similar scenario?
I used to be with Verizon years ago.
Always was charged for something I shouldn't be charged for.
All ways a billing problem
Know Verizon may have better service in a lot of areas.
But at what cost.
Couldn't takeven it anymore..went with At&t

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
So Samsung is suppose to put out a software update in Europe to only allow 60% charge on the note 7. If they do this for the US version then I will give in and turn the phone in. I hope they don't.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So Samsung is suppose to put out a software update in Europe to only allow 60% charge on the note 7. If they do this for the US version then I will give in and turn the phone in. I hope they don't.

Don't you understand what is going on ?
Don't seem so..what voltage is Europe operating on?
What voltage is the U.S. operating on ?
They was trying to cut back on the amount of charge at 60 % in Europe, by the time they cut back on charging on 220 volt system the phone should be about charged.
But now that people in the U.S. heaRd about it they freaked out.

As much good as the Internet does..it does 5 times as much damage from people getting scared .

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Don't you understand what is going on ?
Don't seem so..what voltage is Europe operating on?
What voltage is the U.S. operating on ?
They was trying to cut back on the amount of charge at 60 % in Europe, by the time they cut back on charging on 220 volt system the phone should be about charged.
But now that people in the U.S. heaRd about it they freaked out.

As much good as the Internet does..it does 5 times as much damage from people getting scared .

I thought I understood just fine and then I read your response and was confused as hell. If you were insinuating that they are pushing an update to Europe because they use a higher voltage to charge the phone then the US does, then I get that. Although why would that matter? Don't the wall chargers act as a step down transformer in a sense and only put out like 9V to charge the phone?

It would make more sense if they are pushing an update to Europe first because it's easier to push updates there then the US. I am sure it will come to all markets because Samsung cannot afford to have more phones explode and continue to tarnish its name. One way or another they will force us to turn them in.

aechulo82588

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
alright got an email from verizon last week or so in spanish of all things which english is my first language about getting the refund back and checking my credit card statement looks like they really did do the refund and i still have note 7 active on my line. i called and specifically expressed concern about having a potential time bomb and said that they would get a box overnight which never happened it's on hold, when it didn't come called samsung about verizon not allowing me to return in store and they chatted with verizon then conferenced me into the call and samsung hung up and still no box. and all this was before i got the email about getting refund. Sorry for those of you that still haven't received your refund.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My store charged me for my replacement s7e which they shouldn't have done, and then Verizon gave me a bill credit.

So now I have 3 charges on my credit card for 2 note 7s and an s7e, and have only been refunded for one note 7.

Verizon keeps denying my credit card 2nd return. I'm getting livid!

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe no N7's have burnt up on Verizon. Maybe they don't want to deal with it anymore. They should have just credited accounts, reset contracts, and said deal with Samsung on returning the phone.

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
It's funny and sad how this is all playing out. I got the box to ship my N7 back right away, the trick is I can't get a damn phone that I want to replace it. I can't ship the N7 back until I can get a new phone! The iPhone 7+ and the Pixel XL are back ordered and there's not another phone I'm interested in.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
60% is 60%. They didn't say they were gonna make it charge slower. They're limiting how much life you'll get. It doesn't have anything to do with the voltage difference from what I can tell.
They told me that by the time they started cutting back on a phone charging on a USB-c connector @ 60 %.
The phone would be charged.
They also said most of their biggest problems was in Europe.
Repeating what Samsung told me

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
They told me that by the time they started cutting back on a phone charging on a USB-c connector @ 60 %.
The phone would be charged.
They also said most of their biggest problems was in Europe.
Repeating what Samsung told me
Sounds like bs to me. Was it a rep? You can't stop something charging at 60% and say it'll be fully charged. That doesn't even make any sense. They just wanted to get you off the phone is my guess. 100% is fully charged. 60% means it still has 40% to go. There's no way that can be considered full unless it makes 60% the new 100%. Either way, you'll get considerably less battery life.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like bs to me. Was it a rep? You can't stop something charging at 60% and say it'll be fully charged. That doesn't even make any sense. They just wanted to get you off the phone is my guess. 100% is fully charged. 60% means it still has 40% to go. There's no way that can be considered full unless it makes 60% the new 100%. Either way, you'll get considerably less battery life.

Bingo, i bet that is what it will do. The phone will show 100% charged. it will be like having a 2800 mAH battery.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
They didn't say they stopped it completely.
They said they started cutting it back at 60%

Maybe since y'all are so good at this stuff.
And have a degree in it.
You should call the help them build their phones.

I'm sure they would be glad to hear from you.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
They didn't say they stopped it completely.
They said they started cutting it back at 60%

Maybe since y'all are so good at this stuff.
And have a degree in it.
You should call the help them build their phones.

I'm sure they would be glad to hear from you.
If you read the articles, you'll notice it says limited to 60% capacity. As in, it's not going to keep going. But hey man, maybe you know more than all the journalists who do this for a living. I'll be interested to see who's right.

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure what I'm going to do now for a replacement. First I ordered an iPhone 7+, that order was pushed out to the end of November, so I cancelled it and pre-ordered the Pixel, just got an email from Verizon telling me that phone is backordered until early December, screw em, I'm gonna stay on this damn Note 7 until they make me get something else. There isn't another phone out there that I want right now.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung has said there was some week batteries causing the problems.

I wished I had of kept my Note 7

Everybody was freaking out that it might catch fire.
And put their life in jepordy.
When nobody died from it.
Never heard this much excitement from the hoverboards.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I just noticed that Verizon credited my debit card the sales tax i paid on the replacement note 7.

However my account still shows me not being able for an upgrade on the line used for replacement the note 7 (not that i want to upgrade).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12