Target/Verizon "special circumstances "

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I originally purchased my N7 at target for $426 2 yr contract . I ended up having to exchange it at a Verizon corporate store for $0. Flat exchange. Verizon is now telling me my only option is to return the note 7 and have the taxes and upgrade fee returned, and I can get a S7e only on month to month payments. So through no choice or fault of my own I'm going to end up paying $1200 plus the cost of accessories for a phone I don't want in the first place ?!?!
Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Target/Verizon "special circumstances "

Why aren't they refunding the $426?
Probably because Verizon was not paid the $426, he paid target that money. He did the recall of the phone he bought thru target at Verizon. He needs to get the refund thru target.

He needs to go to place of purchase to get refund as that's who he paid. Verizon did him a favor by doing first recall, probably because target was screwing him around.

This brings up another topic, what are the third party purchasers like Swappa, eBay, and Craigs list going to do. I suspect PayPal will now be enforcing the refund so the seller can return for refund. Lot of third party sellers are going to be losing their profit, hope they can cough up the cash

Last edited:

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I would try to either contact Samsung directly or try to contact Verizon Executive Customer Relations and explain your case. PM me if you can't find the email address.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Target won't help because I don't have the original phone.

Try your luck with Samsung and Verizon Customer service as high up as you can get. If they both fail I would advise contacting the CPSC directly. I think they'll go to bat for you if the parties that should be taking care of you are giving you the run around.

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Update.
Was on thr phone with Verizon wireless for an hour on Friday. They told me to go to the store that did the first exchange.
The person who helped me there the first time was not there, the manager was useless. I said I was Interested in the s7e and he asked what color. I said I was sent by corporate to exchange the N7 and suddenly they had none in stock.
I went out to the parking lot and spent another hour on the phone with customer service who physically called the store. They verified they had all 3 colors of the s7e in stock and they were doing exchanges.
I walked back into the store and spoke to the woman eho told customer service she would help me. She told her manager she didn't realize I was right outside. She said she was busy and that's not what she said and she pushed me back off on the manager who said they had none in stock.
So I'm going to be on the phone again tomorrow.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey check your PM's. I gave you 3 good solutions, but I think you may have the best luck contacting Samsung directly. I sent you the contact info. Please post your results here so we know how it went.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Update.
Was on thr phone with Verizon wireless for an hour on Friday. They told me to go to the store that did the first exchange.
The person who helped me there the first time was not there, the manager was useless. I said I was Interested in the s7e and he asked what color. I said I was sent by corporate to exchange the N7 and suddenly they had none in stock.
I went out to the parking lot and spent another hour on the phone with customer service who physically called the store. They verified they had all 3 colors of the s7e in stock and they were doing exchanges.
I walked back into the store and spoke to the woman eho told customer service she would help me. She told her manager she didn't realize I was right outside. She said she was busy and that's not what she said and she pushed me back off on the manager who said they had none in stock.
So I'm going to be on the phone again tomorrow.

No freaking way! I sure wouldn't be waiting until tomorrow to ruffle feathers.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I originally purchased my N7 at target for $426 2 yr contract . I ended up having to exchange it at a Verizon corporate store for $0. Flat exchange. Verizon is now telling me my only option is to return the note 7 and have the taxes and upgrade fee returned, and I can get a S7e only on month to month payments. So through no choice or fault of my own I'm going to end up paying $1200 plus the cost of accessories for a phone I don't want in the first place ?!?!
Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

My story is similar to yours. I originally bought my note 7 at target on payment plan and put a $200 down payment. When the first recall happened Target wouldn't exchange for me because they never got any new notes in and wouldn't return it because I didn't still have my box. Luckily Verizon stepped in for me after getting nowhere with target either and did the exchange for me and I couldn't have been happier. Then the second recall comes around and Verizon says they will take my note back and exchange for a s7 edge like I want but my $200 down payment will be lost because I payed Target the $200 not them so they told me I must return it to Target to get my $200. I then go to Target and of course they say they can't take it back because it's not the original note I got from them. Target says I shouldn't have exchanged it at Verizon but they gave me no choice. So far I've gotten nowhere. Still using my note 7.