Samsung now giving $100.00 when you return your Note 7 and.......

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Another Samsung device with sealed battery?

Choices of either no sd slot, half the storage, or an even more curved display (I barely tolerated the Note 7 curve).

Nope!

Went back to the Note 4, updated to Marshmallow 6.01, reset to stock and started fresh. Bonus: the signal reception is better than the Note 7 :)

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Choices of either no sd slot, half the storage, or an even more curved display (I barely tolerated the Note 7 curve).

Nope!

Went back to the Note 4, updated to Marshmallow 6.01, reset to stock and started fresh. Bonus: the signal reception is better than the Note 7 :)

S7 does have an sd slot....

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Nope. Traded in for S7e today and was told it would be $100 total. If you got $25 for initial recall like I did, you'll now get $75 for $100 total. Rep said he was reading direct from the incentive language on his system.

Tmobile assured me I will get $100. The $25 was for the first recall. The $100 is for the 2nd recall. You exchanged it early maybe that's why you only get $75. Tmobile even refunded me the 2 mos. I paid for my monthy installment plan for the N7 😊

pinetreehater

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
This is utterly ridiculous. I upgraded and traded my phone in (for some ungodly reason). Now my choices are
(A) a lower spec'd Android phone like the Samsung J-3 or HTC-10...
(B) accept an Android phone that is about to iterate (Samsung S7)....
(C) Switch to an iPhone.

This is it, that's all my choices at Sprint. And I am out the case and glass screen protector, too.

Loathe Samsung at the moment...their little token 100 or 25 dollar good will gesture doesn't do it whatsoever!

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
This is utterly ridiculous. I upgraded and traded my phone in (for some ungodly reason). Now my choices are
(A) a lower spec'd Android phone like the Samsung J-3 or HTC-10...
(B) accept an Android phone that is about to iterate (Samsung S7)....
(C) Switch to an iPhone.

This is it, that's all my choices at Sprint. And I am out the case and glass screen protector, too.

Loathe Samsung at the moment...their little token 100 or 25 dollar good will gesture doesn't do it whatsoever!

The wife and I are talking about this right now. We're with Sprint also. Its a shame we have to get a phone we don't want, or else we would have gotten it 6 months ago. Then to top it off, we would be stuck with a plan so when the next Note comes out, we would have to pay off the phone we never wanted in the first place just to upgrade. $100 to switch for good...not worth it to us. Sprint needs to at a min let you change your phone when the new one comes out and atleast take what you paid on the phone you didn't want and apply it t the new one if your in a payment plan. And on top of that, Sprint wants to CHARGE a activation fee. For something we had no control over when we switch phones.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Through this whole ordeal all we keep getting is word of mouth. Samsung still sending me bs emails about other products. But yet to get something directly from them about this situation. I mean come on they push crap through samsung pay they can push stuff through samsung plus. But nothing. Everything is hear say.

Yea sh** happens but as customers we feel annoyed and let down/used. Having to bounce around phones. And not even an official sorry. From note 7 to note 7 to edge 7 now to a 4th device. 4 phones in like 30 days. And still nothing officially directed to the customer and this issue started over 30 days ago.

Yesterday my carrier some how charged me 2x on separate days and separate cards on file. Yea i was pissed a*f but i got 3 calls from them, customer service, escalations, escalation supervisor. Sadly i wont get the credit back for another week but the fact that they are keeping me in the loop assuring me of the fix made things so much better.

Rant over.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The wife and I are talking about this right now. We're with Sprint also. Its a shame we have to get a phone we don't want, or else we would have gotten it 6 months ago. Then to top it off, we would be stuck with a plan so when the next Note comes out, we would have to pay off the phone we never wanted in the first place just to upgrade. $100 to switch for good...not worth it to us. Sprint needs to at a min let you change your phone when the new one comes out and atleast take what you paid on the phone you didn't want and apply it t the new one if your in a payment plan. And on top of that, Sprint wants to CHARGE a activation fee. For something we had no control over when we switch phones.

THATS ACTUALLY A GOOD IDEA.. AND IM WITH YOU ON THE " . Its a shame we have to get a phone we don't want, or else we would have gotten it 6 months ago" thats why i returned the edge 7. its like i was forced to get this phone pay on it, then when i do want something i cant because im stuck with that phone for 24 months. i returned it and cancelled sprint. went to prepaid provider until the phone i actually want comes out and i feel justified to pay $800 on it. the phone isnt as amazing but so far so good. honestly feel like im getting better service/plan for a cheaper price.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Nope!

i wonder if you still $100 for using an older galaxy device? hey you might've just came out on top lol sorta

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks: I just happened to catch the recall site in my research and saw this: "If you already exchanged your Galaxy Note7 device for another Samsung smartphone, you will receive up to a $75 bill credit from select carrier or retail outlets in addition to the $25 you previously received."
I have AT&T. So I would assume this will apply to me and in the next billing cycle or so on my wireless bill I'll see this. Now-they really shouldn't be cloaking this as $100. We already have the $25 from before so this is really a $75 credit we're getting. Be that as it may-I'll gladly take the $75 credit to my phone bill!
This is straight from Samsungs website
cfd3f5dd4a9a2ce2f40f84878d7fb7d0.jpg

AdamRez

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Wow, you took the words right outta my mouth. I was at CCNY and took amazing video, and now I am DONE with Sammy. 100 is nothing, they abandoned me after the Note 3, the 5 was crap, and now this? Too little, too late, Samsung isnt hungry anymore, and the LG is.
The LG V20 is looking sweet, with every feature I enjoyed on my previous Notes.
Sammy overreached and failed twice. Hard. Now I just have to wait until Oct 28th.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2