Note 7 Return Box

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Just returned mine

I finally had to say goodbye to my note 7. I went back to my note 5. The lady at Best Buy had to take it out of my hands. Sad sad day. I will get the next note that comes out no questions asked.

Sorry you had to return yours. I am still using mine as my daily driver. The day may come where i have no choice but to turn it in, until then i will enjoy every day with this great phone.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I finally had to say goodbye to my note 7. I went back to my note 5. The lady at Best Buy had to take it out of my hands. Sad sad day. I will get the next note that comes out no questions asked.

I'm so very, very sorry for your loss... I added another line and got the v20 to test out while keeping mine. I just can't bring myself to turn in the Note 7. so very, very odd... I KNOW it's just a phone... but, still... <deep, deep sigh>

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Risky move not to return the n7, carriers have said you will be charged full retail price if you don't, and then you have to hope they will let you return it after that. At some point the carriers will be done with the n7, then your stuck dealing direct with Samsung, and seeing how the ones that bought direct from Samsung were treated thru the whole process from the first order to the second recall, I would rather not deal with Samsung direct.

Edit.. I did receive a confirmation email confirming they received my n7, so they are tracking it.

I think most of us are OK with paying for it. I know I am. By the time the carriers finish consulting with attorneys and get brave enough to brick our phones, the Note 8's will be out, and this will all be a distant memory. Probably worth it to them to just wait it out. If they do brick us, I have a backup phone, the v20. IMO, it's *very* nice, just not quite ready for Prime Time.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got my box today. I have been using the Pixel XL. I turned on my 7 to wipe it and it's still so pretty. This Pixel display doesn't come close to it and the Pixel in hand is not nearly as good. I was taking to my sister on the phone today and she said I don't sound clear like I did with the 7, I sound like when I had the 4. I notice people on the phone don't sound as clear either. I shall miss you note 7. Bring on the Note 8 because I will be back!

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I'm so very, very sorry for your loss... I added another line and got the v20 to test out while keeping mine. I just can't bring myself to turn in the Note 7. so very, very odd... I KNOW it's just a phone... but, still... <deep, deep sigh>

This is exactly what I ended up doing after seeing in the V20 forum that you'd had done this as well. Still don't know if I'm ready to give up my N7, time will tell. Might just keep the additional line honestly, it's not like it's going to cost me much more monthly in the long run and I could have an additional phone number/phone to use when I don't feel like being bothered by anyone but still stay connected 😂

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My box is sitting in "Processing" state according to the Verizon web site. It's been in there since October 24th. I did get a portion of my refund to my credit card and a letter saying I will get the whole amount. The letter also says they have received my Note 7 and that's why I get the refund. It's still on my desk.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

This is exactly what I ended up doing after seeing in the V20 forum that you'd had done this as well. Still don't know if I'm ready to give up my N7, time will tell. Might just keep the additional line honestly, it's not like it's going to cost me much more monthly in the long run and I could have an additional phone number/phone to use when I don't feel like being bothered by anyone but still stay connected 😂

I am *strongly leaning* in the direction of keeping both; same reasons as you. I am pretty well decided that I'm not giving up my Note 7 unless they brick it... Hopefully, the package disabler will keep that from happening. I did pay a cash downpayment toward the phone but I don't care. They can keep it. I'll keep MY phone. The Note 8 will be out eventually, and I'll buy it. Then all this mess will be a distant memory.

There are definitely times I *feel* like I can't do without some of its functionality/features. For example, I was at a business meeting today at a restaurant with around 20 people. Pitchers, drinks everywhere, and we are all taking notes, and I do NOT set my belongings on the floor. Wearing clothes with no pockets... phone had to sit on the table today. Couldn't focus on the meeting because all I could think about is someone knocking a drink or pitcher over on this v20 that I still have 9 days to return... Wouldn't have given it a second thought with the Note 7. I also live/work on a river and in a very humid environment.

But why did I take it today instead of the Note 7??? the music, baby!

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site

I love my V20. But I miss my note 7 with the hover translate. That is what I used the s-pen for daily. I live in korea and Chrome will translate web pages. But apps there is no option for English. Damn it.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My Note 7 Return Box arrived - Game Over

I was so hoping they'd forget me, but no such luck.
8b0270880a09ac2e832f7a1500a1e321.jpg

0d7269d7a7b7171a98bdf10410c80e2d.jpg

And one day left to decide to keep my LG V20 or go for the iPhone 7+ (only because it's all that verizon offers a 50% buy out on.)

Damn it!

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Note 7 Return Box arrived - Game Over

Are you going to travel Internationally? If so, consider going i7 as the frequency coverage is mucho better. The Pixel XL is almost as good as the i7.

good luck!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got the box

I turned in NOTE7 ON OCT 10TH to a local corporate store when I traded for Note5 32gig...using till get 64gig which h had yo be ordered.
I called Verizon customer care and the phone rep asked me to go back and get it. Like really? I said that's unreasonable to ask because I traded two days prior to 2nd official recall. I asked her to note on my account because it should show I had traded it. And I was told hopefully will have my 64gig Note5 next week.
I don't understand not knowing when a phone has been traded!

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

No. I don't travel ever. I did want the Pixel XL but my V20 was only $672 and the extra $200 for the pixel was too much

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had returned mine on the 10th two days early on the 2nd official recall. Had posted receiving box today. I had Verizon note I had returned on the 10th.
Not happy with this. I am done. I have a 64gig Note5 coming and can send back the 32gig model.
I will never pre-order a phone ever again. And will hold out a couple of months on getting a new model this next time. I am satisfied with the Note5. It's a very stable device smooth no lag. Office work s great on it and on Note7 not so great. People should not diss the Note5. It's a very good phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I received my second return box today, I only had one note 7, I sent it Monday and according to tracking was delivered today, so now I have a useless box here.

billinaz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had returned mine on the 10th two days early on the 2nd official recall. Had posted receiving box today. I had Verizon note I had returned on the 10th.
Not happy with this. I am done. I have a 64gig Note5 coming and can send back the 32gig model.
I will never pre-order a phone ever again. And will hold out a couple of months on getting a new model this next time. I am satisfied with the Note5. It's a very stable device smooth no lag. Office work s great on it and on Note7 not so great. People should not diss the Note5. It's a very good phone.

When is yours going to ship? I ordered a Note 5 from VZW on Oct 17 and it still is not listed as shipping until Nov 15.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power