Verizon Exchange for Note 7

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if I am just lucky..or if it will catch up. So I had two Note 7s. Bought them over the phone with Verizon sales. Did the initial exchange for the "safe" Note 7s instore. Once Samsung gave up on the model and recalled once again I called up Verizon the night they sent out the mass text messages. I was told I would be charged to my verizon account when I activated the replacements (Samsung S7 $299 and Pixel XL $420 both 2 year). Would not get the $199 (got for special price with my work plan) for each of my Note 7s till they got the return which they are supposed to be sending a special box for.

So I activated the S7 three days ago. Last time it was automatic within seconds after it showed on my account as owing for the phone. This time three days later and still no charge on my account and it actually says I am still eligible for an upgrade. Anyone else that has gotten a replacement under the 2 year contract seen the same happen to them? I am sure it will catch up with me, just shocked. Sad thing is I got $25 for each of my Note 7s when I did the initial change but it showed the day off the exchange my account being past due the $50. Guess they took that away. Don't want to call and complain if I don't end up paying for these phones. Pixel XL will be here tomorrow.

Last edited:

4truegrit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I pre-ordered the pixel XL online as Verizon recommended to do if you're going to swap, this was three days ago and was assuming they would send me the fireproof box to ship back my note 7 , mine is from first shipment of note 7's..Well yesterday I noticed my account all of a sudden had a negative balance and then today I received an email saying thank you for returning your equipment and your account has been credited? Well I have not returned anything. Was waiting for the box.. still using the note 7 on my line until the pixel XL gets here...different strokes for different folks I guess. Honestly I had a lot of problems in the beginning trying to return it, so I just hung onto it, hoping things would clear up and now this..it's all been very confusing. I had become one of the ones that decided they were going to keep it and now it's like they want me to keep it, get the feeling they want this whole fiasco over too.
7a6951c26a7cc46073efe25ae277ae6e.png

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Really weird. I am guessing their system has never had to deal with something like this on a massive scale. I'm just shocked that I have not been charged for the S7 yet on my account. I would love for them to just refund my Note 7 also but I am guessing that will be asking too much. Going to wait it out and see what happens when I activate the Pixel XL tomorrow. Heck they can keep the refund on the Note 7 if I get the replacements free and I keep my upgrade status lol. My contract does show as ending as 9/21/18 though. That matches for 2 years after my swap for the "safe" Note 7.

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Well no luck with getting my replacement phones for free. Woke up this morning to my bill showing both charges. Funny how it didn't show in my account till just now. Weird thing is my account still shows both lines as available for an upgrade. I am sure they will fix that soon. Anyone else still show their lines being eligible for upgrades even after you got another phone with a 2 year contract?

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Well no luck with getting my replacement phones for free. Woke up this morning to my bill showing both charges. Funny how it didn't show in my account till just now. Weird thing is my account still shows both lines as available for an upgrade. I am sure they will fix that soon. Anyone else still show their lines being eligible for upgrades even after you got another phone with a 2 year contract?

I have just the opposite, i am still using the replacement note 7 and Right after the second recall it was switched to upgrade eligible now my line is showing as NOT eligible for upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech