Samsung Galaxy Note 6

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I Love the note series for many reasons especially the big screen, but samsung has forgot many things with the note 5. That could be added to the note 6 to make it a killer phone. What would you like to see on it hardware, software, looks anything add you thoughts and opinions here.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
At least 3500mah battery. Im not picky if it is removable or not. Sd card slot in the sim tray like motorola did.
I would like to see a non glass back, but since i use a case anyway its not a deal breaker.

Wouldnt hurt to have the ir blaster back.

I know some will say more shaving of touchwiz, but i actually really enjoy it on the note 5, its come a long way.

Gimme a bigger battery and stay away from 4k screens and ill be happy.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
- 4k Screen
- SD 820
- removable Battery
- SD Card Slot
- 6 gb RAM to guarantee a smooth operation
- S Pen with programmable buttons
- make back and recent app button physical too
- dedicated camera shot button

poppy

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
All that Carrman lists, plus a slightly bigger screen and stereo speakers!

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
- updates that DON'T come from the carriers
- way less Samsung crap bloat (I know there's nothing we can do about the carriers adding their junk)
- latest and greatest Exynos
- 4GB RAM minimum
- 64GB and 128GB options only (no 32GB options)
- SD slot
- better antennas
- larger battery (ie: 4k mah)
- unibody metal design (no glass back, titanium/tungsten would be nice)
- smaller overall device size than the N5 with same size 5.7" display (equals less bezel), edge to edge display would be great in my opinion just like the Sharp Aquos phone has
- some sort of unbreakable display like that Verizon Moto thing has
- true slow motion HD video (copy the iPhone, they got it somewhat right)
- true audiophile stuff
- IR blaster, IR blaster, IR blaster
- as mentioned above, dedicated camera button would be great
- I don't think Samsung would ever do this but I'll throw it out there anyway, please DO NOT have on-screen buttons. The physical home and capacitive buttons are just fine.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I want is all apps in multi window, for Samsung to stand up to the carriers and prevent them from removing software, and let the user choose the default view in s-note instead of showing all notes.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I want the ir blaster back and bluetooth that consistently holds a signal for 30 feet. I also want an s pen that doesn't fall apart and can only be inserted in holder in the correct orientation like in the Note 3. Oh.....and a battery with much greater capacity even if it makes thd phone a little thicker. 4000maH+ I don't need sd card IF 64gb becomes standard memory with no extra charge.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
An S Pen that don't break!! I want the IR Blaster back. Of course the removable battery.

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
There is always room for improvement, but obviously with so few posts and the minor requests posted, it is obvious that Samsung already did a damn fine job with Note 5. My list would be:

1) SDcard Slot
2) Slightly larger battery
3) Closer to stock Android
4) Leather and/or Metal Back
5) Unlocked lower priced

Everything else is perfect. I don't care about the 820, as Samsung makes a great processor.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
- updates that DON'T come from the carriers
- way less Samsung crap bloat (I know there's nothing we can do about the carriers adding their junk)

No offense but although there were a lot of other items on your list I would've stopped right at those 2. As long as those both exist nothing else they could add would matter.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It's simple, really.

- 1440p SAMOLED display with higher brightness and better color accuracy than the N5 (which was excellent in both regards). No need for 4K as it is pointless.
- Exynos 8890 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 with 4GB of LPDDR4
- The very latest version of Android at the time of release
- The return of expandable storage, coupled with at least 64GB of either UFS 2.0 or NVMe flash storage.
- A large battery of 3500mAh or bigger. Doesn't have to be removable
- Qi wireless charging + PMA. Make it even faster to charge than the already fast Note 5
- Much more optimized and slimmed down TouchWiz
- Improved S Pen with higher pressure sensitivity and also a redesign that prevents idiots from putting it backwards
- Keep the brilliant cameras

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Love the current design but maybe updated with the following:

-USB C

-Newer, faster exyonos. Not snapdragon.

-SD Card

-faster security patches. On time security patches. Both my S6 and note 5 are on October's updates. Not good.

-no bloat ware. I like touch wiz but the bloat ware is pure hell. I'd also like it if samsung continued improving and refining touch wiz.

-more color options. Maybe a blue note.

-slightly bigger battery

-better cameras

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I like what others have said in this thread , and I'd like to add one thing; "Don't move the fingerprint sensor to the back like the Nexus devices'. They should just improve the scanner where it only takes 8 seconds for the fingerprint to register; not swipe multiple times with different fingers. Sometimes the fingerprint sensor doesn't register, and instead locks up the phone to where the user has to put in their password. Even THAT doesn't work right sometimes.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I like what others have said in this thread , and I'd like to add one thing; "Don't move the fingerprint sensor to the back like the Nexus devices'. They should just improve the scanner where it only takes 8 seconds for the fingerprint to register; not swipe multiple times with different fingers. Sometimes the fingerprint sensor doesn't register, and instead locks up the phone to where the user has to put in their password. Even THAT doesn't work right sometimes.

Sounds like you are using it wrong. If you are swiping on the Note 5, that's why you are having problems. You don't swipe it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000