4K or QHD for Note 6?

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Which do you guys think that will be the best resolution for the note 6? 4K or QHD?
Do you think that the note 6 will be released with 4K screen?

I know most of you will say QHD... but, if the Note 6 can display 4K all the time unlike the Z5P, Will you choose it over QHD?
Will the battery in note 6 handle 4K well?

Posted with ❤Love❤

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
QHD. 4K yields miniscule benefit and current battery tech isn't feasible enough for a display constantly rendering at 4K.

I'd go 1080p if I wanted to, but we're already far into QHD, so I'm sticking with that.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I hope its not 4k. There isnt a need a for it. I still say make the edge plus phone for entertainment and gaming, and make the note a work phone. Bigger battery, sdcard, spen features. Quadhd is plenty, the battery takes enough of a hit as it is.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Ratbert90

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
QHD. 4k isn't noticeable, would be incredibly expensive, and has no real benefits in the mobile world. It's a gimmick at best, a battery drain at worst.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
QHD. 4k isn't noticeable, would be incredibly expensive, and has no real benefits in the mobile world. It's a gimmick at best, a battery drain at worst.

what if Apple made the next iPhone with a 4K screen? It would be the best thing since kool-aid to Apple fans

Posted via the Android Central App

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I honestly see little difference between FHD and QHD. 4k is over kill on anything less than a tablet IMO

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I honestly see little difference between FHD and QHD. 4k is over kill on anything less than a tablet IMO

I agree. You cant tell a real difference between 1080 and quad. 4k is just being able to say its 4k.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I hope that samsung will stick to qhd until we found a new battery that can hold more power than lithium-ion.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Nsh222

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Qhd will do, but my concern is the icons. Inspite of having one of the best displays available. Maximum of the playstore app icons have a very poor quality of app icons. Including the playstore icon and a few Samsung icons. Which is a very big let down to such a beautiful qhd display. It kind of removes the premium feel from the screen.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
4k is useless for anything less than ~30". And hardware limitations are a huge factor. You can't even get 60fps in a 4k PC with less than $1000 in dedicated graphics cards. So there's no way to make it decent in a phone yet. 24fps MIGHT be feasible, but it will eat battery like crazy

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping for 8k and an onboard fusion reactor so I won't need batteries to power it!

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Just give me a nice crisp screen. I don't really care which as long as I can remove the battery. I always carry three batteries on me.

Posted via My Note 4

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just give me a nice crisp screen. I don't really care which as long as I can remove the battery. I always carry three batteries on me.

Posted via My Note 4
You must be my long lost twin!:D

That is exactly the amount of spare batteries I carry with me. On my latest trip, I passed up carrying my Anker portable charger, but carried 3 spare batteries instead.,.No problem what so ever. Plus, I am using hard almost 24/7. I am using so much some times I switched twice a day, and have had some 3 switch times in oneday. Painless, smooth, and I keep right on rockin.. :D