Which phone would u choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajjodie

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
HELP ME DECIDE: GALAXY S7 -verses- GALAXY NOTE 6
WHICH IS BETTER - IS IT WORTH THE WAIT?​

:- I am struggling to choose between the Galaxy S7 or waiting for the Note 6. I am not a tech geek, so I don't know much about the inner workings of either device, I don't root my phones or anything to technical like that. However, I am an avid user, so I generally use just about every app and feature available to me to the fullest extent, I tend to be more front end IT, then behind the scenes I guess u could say.

I have only ever had the Galaxy S series phones, I have had the S2, S3, S4, I currently have the S5, my husband has the S6 Edge, and my son just got the S7. Honestly, I have loved every single one of them! I have however, always had what u could call, S Pen envy, but I was too scared to make the leap from the S series, to the Note series, for fear the quality would not be the same. So tell me, is the S Pen really "all that," is it worth my envy?

I have seen the debates on this forum regarding the phone screen size, to me I don't think it's that huge of a difference, but compared to my S5, either will be wonderful, although as I tend to find myself using my 10.1" Galaxy Tab 4 over my S5 phone every chance possible, to keep my old and tired eyes happy the bigger the screen probably the better.

Tell me if u were to compare the two side by side, Galaxy S5 -verses- Galaxy Note 6, how would they stack up, is one significantly better than the other, if so why? Or at least what r the PROs and CONs of each device?

I have read both phones will come with ur choice of processor, is one brand better than the other, what r the major differences that warrant offering a choice to begin with?

I have also noticed that the Note 6 is going to go backwards on the camera, offering only12-megapixel (F/1.7 lens) camera and a 5-megapixel selfies camera, rather than the 16-megapixel previously offered. Is there some benefit here, or is this to save space or processing power?

Please tell me, what u would choose and why? I want to know if its worth waiting w/my old S5 many months longer or if I should just go get the S7 now? I am looking forward to ur input.

Thanks for ur time and advice!
:-* Jodie

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
A Note is a cross between a phone and a tablet hence the moniker "Phablet".
I had an S2 and S3 then upgraded to my current Note almost 2 years ago. It is easily the best phone I have ever had. This is coming from someone who was an HTC EVO junkie.

The big screen and S pen gives the feel of a small tablet but with the full functionality of a top of the line phone. I can never ever go back to a NON NOTE phone. EVER....

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

ajjodie

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
What kind of capabilities does the S Pen have?

Also does anyone know why the megapixels r going backwards from previous phone models?

Or what about the processor choice, no one has eplained the PRO's & CON's to me that make it worth building 2 phone models for both the S7 & the Note 6?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
You could compare the S7/S7 edge with the Note 5 to get a view for the specification differences (form factor, hardware, and software). Likely the Note 6 will have improvements over the Note 5. There is information available about the S Pen and its capabilities when combined with TouchWiz.

Going to an S7/S7 edge or Note 6 would be a noticeable improvement over the S5. Fingerprint scanner alone would be worth it to me.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I went from the S5 to the Note 5. I also had spen envy. The spen if a huge pro for me. I love it. Cropping and saving or sending quickly is a big plus. Playing games is easier. Etc.

After the S5, I could handle the big phone. Since I don't hold my phone to my face much, I feel okay about it. That would be a con. I don't like the look of big phones used like that. A bluetooth ear piece solves that. But when someone doesn't have that, it looks odd to me

I rarely use my phone as a phone, it's more if an entertainment system for me. Having a larger screen is a pro. I don't use my tablet much as I don't have wifi at home. So the Note size is great for me.

We're suspecting the cameras on the Note 6 will be simular to the S7. Yes less mega pixels but better in other ways. So, that's a con and pro. Hopefully it'll be good enough.

Posted via the *Note 5*

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I had all the note series and recently got the s7 edge international duo SIM. Very happy with my decision because I rarely used the spen on the note. I like the big screen. Note: the s7 US version seems to have heating issue. I tried out the tmobile s7 version for a week and it got hot at least twice a day. Had to turn it off and wait 5 minutes. Reset to factory a few times without luck.

If you don't use the spen, go for the s7 edge. Screen is gorgeous and perfect size. The camera is almost focus instantly and even much better than the note 5. I put 200GB SanDisk card it.

If you use the spen, encourage you to wait for the Note 6.

I think the note 6 will be the best phone of 2016.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I love my S7 edge but I will likely sell it in favour of the note 6. Look the size and the rumoured features of it already. Love the biggest possible devices.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
S pen offers Memo that you can take quick notes in S Note, you can write a quick note Even with the screen off, just pull the pen out and your screen becomes a black slate for writing. You can capture photos and write on the photo, you can do a screen capture and then scroll capture more photos. Crop, select, erase, paint, draw. Just so much to say. It's better you check out Samsung's website to see more about the S pen. Frankly, I cannot see myself going back to any Non Note. I might had told my boyfriend that I would wait for BlackBerry to come out with their two new devices since the Note 6 will already be out by then, but I LOVE the Note Series. I have a Note 3 as a backup.

ajjodie

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank u for all the great input. The S Pen sounds to be exactly what I thought it woukd be. I am constantly drawing or writing on screen shots, pictures, in Snapchat or PicsArt either w/my finger or apen that I am constantly losing track of. That is one thing I have always loved about the Note series, the nice Pen TIP as well as the in phone storage for the Pen itself.

Reading all of ur comments is making me so anxious to get a new phone already - I am going to go crazy waiting all summer for this new Note 6 to come out. I have however made up my mind I am definitely going w/the Note 6 - I think it will be worth the extra waiting.

⚠☝I still do have a question no one has touched upon - both phones come w/the option of 2 different processors. Can anyone explain the differences, is one better than the other? Why the choice? That's not usually an option.

Thanks for all the great feedback!
Jodie

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The different processors are usually a region thing. Europe and Asia usually get one processor while the U.S. and Canada get another.

Posted via the Android Central App

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you shouldn't have a hard decision since there will be no Note 6 but a Note 7 and it will be based on recent articles a single version being dual edge display so think of a GS7 more power and Spen. check the articles on (phandroid, Android Authority, Samobile) and what not.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Looks like you shouldn't have a hard decision since there will be no Note 6 but a Note 7 and it will be based on recent articles a single version being dual edge display so think of a GS7 more power and Spen. check the articles on (phandroid, Android Authority, Samobile) and what not.
Want !!!

I love the way the dual edges look though I never ruse it on my S6 Edge Plus !

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had all the Note devices except for the Note5. I have seen the S7 and because I like and use the spen am holding out to upgrade to the 6. I can upgrade now but not many changes from the 4 to the 5 and SD card is a deal breaker for me.
The Note series is Samsung's "luxury" lineup in my opinion.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If it were my personal choice, I would choose the Note. I like that series more than the S series; plus I watch a lot of Netflix, so I would get a lot of use out of that bigger screen.

If you want to try the S Pen out for size and also, like you said, use all of the apps and get a good experience out of the phone, I'd try out the Note and the S series device out in the store: see how they feel in your hand, what you like about them, etc. Good luck, and let us know what you've chosen!