Some Clarification Please

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost, I hope everyone is having a very pleasant day and that all is well. My question is just to get a bit of clarification from you all regarding when the Note 7 will be available. I see there are rumors regarding the launch event for August 2nd, but does that mean it be available the 2nd or some undisclosed sometime after? While I've been the owner of a Note 4 and 5, I've never been privy to how Samsung released their phones. In the past, the insight I got was from working for Sprint. I knew when the device would drop, and have my hands on the device early. Now, I'm in the dark again. Any insight is helpful, and thank you ahead of time.

Sincerely,

Someone who is ready to get rid of their Note 5 lol.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well.. no one knows the actual launch date for sure, Samsung has just hinted that it will be 8/2.

Now, they won't be in stores or shipped that day, but I suspect that they'll be generally available a week or two later.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
August 2 I believe is the unveiling of the Note 7. I suspect the phone will go on sale a couple of weeks following.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Last year was good, because they announced it on a Monday or tuesday i believe and it was in stores for sale that Friday. Unless i am mistaken.

Im a firm believer in getting the phone out for sale very soon after the release while its still "exciting".

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Last year was good, because they announced it on a Monday or tuesday i believe and it was in stores for sale that Friday. Unless i am mistaken.

Im a firm believer in getting the phone out for sale very soon after the release while its still "exciting".

It was that quick last year. Thanks for reminding me. I was so busy with the launch, working for Sprint, the time didn't really process to me until you pointed that out!

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Well.. no one knows the actual launch date for sure, Samsung has just hinted that it will be 8/2.

Now, they won't be in stores or shipped that day, but I suspect that they'll be generally available a week or two later.

Two weeks would be a long stretch. I hope no more than a week. Mainly I just need a battery upgrade, hence the partial impatience LOL. My Note 5 loses charge super quick (I can lose 20 percent in less than an hour).

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Two weeks would be a long stretch. I hope no more than a week. Mainly I just need a battery upgrade, hence the partial impatience LOL. My Note 5 loses charge super quick (I can lose 20 percent in less than an hour).

20% in an hour is some.... This is exactly why batteries should not be sealed. Get a bad battery, replace the battery instead of the entire damn phone.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Last edited by a moderator:

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
New report just this morning is saying that the note 7 will be released on day 1 so August 2 wow good job samsung I can't wait

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
20% in an hour is some bullish. This is exactly why batteries should not be sealed. Get a bad battery, replace the battery instead of the entire damn phone.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

LoL. I've seen you on here, and it's always when you're pretty vocal about this particular feature. I wasn't here for a sealed battery either when I was coming from my Note 4 (The greatest Sammy in history), but then I moved to the Note 5. Honestly, it wasn't a bad move because of the battery, but for the lack of storage. This battery issue is rather recent. And of they optimize the Note 7 like the Note 4...it won't matter. And that's because I never replaced the battery in that one. All to say, don't knock it so easily, it's not that bad lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463