It's official: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is the next Note, launching August 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How quick are these transactions? Or I guess, how far out would you want to post to get your phone sold? I want a new Note the day of launch.

They are pretty quick. I already got the money and the phone is shipped to the buyer of my phone.

I doubt there will be many new notes out that day. I would just go get it from a carrier as you won't find a "deal" on the new phone for a few months out.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
They are pretty quick. I already got the money and the phone is shipped to the buyer of my phone.

I doubt there will be many new notes out that day. I would just go get it from a carrier as you won't find a "deal" on the new phone for a few months out.

That's good to know that they're quick. I'm not looking for a deal on the new phone. I just want to make sure I have the funds to get one day of is all. And the cool thing is the store by my house never runs out of phones on launch day, so I can go out and grab one with no worries! I only know this because it's my old job. LOL

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Likewise -- I just sold my S7 Edge on swappa and I am using an AT&T Note 5 on T-Mobile till the Note 7 comes out :).

I've looked at it a few times. I understand the advantage as a buyer, but I'm never a buyer. I've had excellent luck on Ebay selling. What would you consider the advantage to be of Swappa in comparison?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've looked at it a few times. I understand the advantage as a buyer, but I'm never a buyer. I've had excellent luck on Ebay selling. What would you consider the advantage to be of Swappa in comparison?
The fee isn't a percentage, it's a flat rate of $10. You can't really beat that. After selling on Swappa, I'll never sell a phone on eBay.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Note 7 release date Could be the same date as Announcement! August 2!

After confirming that it’s going to conduct an event next month August 2 to officially unveil the Galaxy Note 7, a new report out of Korea claims that the Galaxy Note 7 announcement date will be the same as its launch date. It’s going to be released the very same day it’s announced! A representative from The telecom industry is quoted in the report as saying that:
Samsung has secured supplies of the Galaxy Note 7 for an August 2 release.

Samsung is doing this in order to take advantage of the sales of the Galaxy S7 series, and to market The Galaxy Note 7 at the 2016 Rio Olympics where Samsung is a big sponsor.

Source

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The Swappa staff is amazing and there seems (from my experience) way less "scam tactics" that you see via eBay.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 release date Could be the same date as Announcement! August 2!

After confirming that it’s going to conduct an event next month August 2 to officially unveil the Galaxy Note 7, a new report out of Korea claims that the Galaxy Note 7 announcement date will be the same as its launch date. It’s going to be released the very same day it’s announced! A representative from The telecom industry is quoted in the report as saying that:

Samsung is doing this in order to take advantage of the sales of the Galaxy S7 series, and to market The Galaxy Note 7 at the 2016 Rio Olympics where Samsung is a big sponsor.

Source
If that's true, that's perfect timing. I get a new phone AND an upgraded contract. Sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995