Hypothetical Situation: Note 7 v Nexus Marlin

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
For the sake of argument, let's assume the rumors are true. The Note 7 will have a nearly identical battery like the Nexus. Both phones will have 4 GB RAM. The Nexus will supposedly sport the faster 821 SoC.

Nexus will ship with 7.0 while the Note 7 is rumored to get 6.0.1.

The Nexus will likely be the more affordable phone.

I'm on the fence. The Note 7 costs more than my i5 Samsung laptop. If Samsung will dish out 6 GB RAM with the 821/823 SoC I'd be tempted to go with the Samsung.

Which phone do you see yourself buying?

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm almost certain I'll get both - but the specs seem much more closely aligned. Sounds like both are the 820, 4GB RAM, similar battery sizes, same resolution AMOLED 5.7 vs 5.5, most of the up front differences are cosmetic and the spen/iris scanner. If those last two are important, Note all day. If not, Nexus is likely to be the better value, although I think there won't be many hardware things that the Nexus will be able to do that the Note won't - not necessarily true on software functionality. I prefer the Nexus design, Nexus security and Nexus software, including updates. I like what I've seen from Samsung this year on commitment to software updates and great battery life. Tough call.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
For the sake of argument, let's assume the rumors are true. The Note 7 will have a nearly identical battery like the Nexus. Both phones will have 4 GB RAM. The Nexus will supposedly sport the faster 821 SoC.

Nexus will ship with 7.0 while the Note 7 is rumored to get 6.0.1.

The Nexus will likely be the more affordable phone.

I'm on the fence. The Note 7 costs more than my i5 Samsung laptop. If Samsung will dish out 6 GB RAM with the 821/823 SoC I'd be tempted to go with the Samsung.

Which phone do you see yourself buying?

Meh. I still feel that the N7 will come with 6GB RAM.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I hope so! Qualcomm also has the 821 chip in production. 821 SoC + 6 GB RAM, and I'd be sold.

IMHO, it just would make sense for the long term vision for the device. The VR usage, the curved edge and all the other goodies that drain battery, one would hope that this wasn't a hard decision for them. I hope. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20