Why the new Note 7 MAY(or MAY NOT) be a good idea to buy...

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so as a owner of a Note 5 already, I was thinking about getting the new note 7, however, there are several things that note 5 users may need to consider when purchasing one.

Now this is based off of reported specs as of today.

Note 7
CPU
Snap Dragon or Exynos
On this, I heard that Samsung had problems with their Snapdragon processors overheating which is why they didn't use them for the Note 5, even if you do get one with the Exynos chip, it will only be 200 Mhz faster than the S7, which isn't that much of a difference.

Ram
Supposedly will be 4 gb, same as the Note 5

Sound
Due to the waterproofing on the s7 and the sound not being that great on that phone, if they do make it IP68 certification, the sound will most likely suffer a little bit which will make it less louder than the Note 5.

Screen
Super Amoled which again is like the Note 5 and it is also curved which may a deal breaker for some. Supposedly it will also be 5.7 inches.

Camera
The camera on the Note 5 is 16mp/5mp. I know that they reduced the megapixels on the s7 and it is supposed to be better, but the camera will have 12-13/5 mp. There is no word yet on whether it will have optic stabilization.

Os
May release with Marshmallow, but will probably upgrade to Android Nouget, Touchwiz will be minimized which is cool.

Now some people want the newest and greatest and thats cool, but the only real cool thing that I see is the ability to use an SD card again. So if the screen and ram stay the same, and the camera is less pixels and the sound is not as loud, is this really worth the rumored price of $850-$900+ dollars?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so as a owner of a Note 5 already, I was thinking about getting the new note 7, however, there are several things that note 5 users may need to consider when purchasing one.

Now this is based off of reported specs as of today.

Note 7
CPU
Snap Dragon or Exynos
On this, I heard that Samsung had problems with their Snapdragon processors overheating which is why they didn't use them for the Note 5, even if you do get one with the Exynos chip, it will only be 200 Mhz faster than the S7, which isn't that much of a difference.

Ram
Supposedly will be 4 gb, same as the Note 5

Sound
Due to the waterproofing on the s7 and the sound not being that great on that phone, if they do make it IP68 certification, the sound will most likely suffer a little bit which will make it less louder than the Note 5.

Screen
Super Amoled which again is like the Note 5 and it is also curved which may a deal breaker for some. Supposedly it will also be 5.7 inches.

Camera
The camera on the Note 5 is 16mp/5mp. I know that they reduced the megapixels on the s7 and it is supposed to be better, but the camera will have 12-13/5 mp. There is no word yet on whether it will have optic stabilization.

Os
May release with Marshmallow, but will probably upgrade to Android Nouget, Touchwiz will be minimized which is cool.

Now some people want the newest and greatest and thats cool, but the only real cool thing that I see is the ability to use an SD card again. So if the screen and ram stay the same, and the camera is less pixels and the sound is not as loud, is this really worth the rumored price of $850-$900+ dollars?

$850 to $900?? If that's the case I'll be sticking with the S7 because minus the Spen not much difference between the phones other than smaller screen size. Even if the price lower I'm still not waiting for the first week it comes out like I did last time and pay full price. I'll wait a couple months and let the price fall some. Besides my S7 is still a fairly new phone so I can wait.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe they would put out the Note 7 with only 4GB of ram from the old Note 5.

I thought the latest and greatest Note 7 would have top of the line everything?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Can't believe they would put out the Note 7 with only 4GB of ram from the old Note 5.

I thought the latest and greatest Note 7 would have top of the line everything?

I guess the main difference then would be the Iris scanner and water resistant. Is there any word if it will be ip68? I know the Spen might be an issue. If this has 4gb ram, iris scanner and basically everything else is the same as the Note 5 then people are dumb to upgrade then. Also remember being the first year of Iris scanner it probably wont be that good. Just like the first year of the finger print sensor was not very good. Will take a year or so to improve it.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
But there are no actual reports from Samsung yet. These are rumors and a few half baked websites. Just as many said 6GB or 7GB of RAM.

Sounds is ok either way with me...because I'm always on BT.

Battery is a toss up for me. As much as 4000 would be dope, I'd be here for a smaller battery if the phone was optimized to compensate.

OS, I'm still on L...so I don't really care either way.

Screen: The edges don't look so bad, so if I have to...I'm willing to give it a change.

Processor: I enjoyed the Exynos, but I wouldn't mind a comparable Snap.

All in all...I will reserve judgement until I play with it, or get official specs because this guessing game has a lot of folks frustrated lol.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Right. We don't have the final numbers yet so...

I always find it funny when Note 5 or S7 owners say they are disappointed in this year's Note. Dude, the phone you already have is still top of the line, so why are you even looking?

I get that people like to phone jump, but sometimes it gets a little unrealistic to expect to be blown away when the phone you already have is less than a year old

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
On that note, isn't it odd to be judging a phone based on unofficial information?

Nothing except the name is official.

Agreed. It is fun to speculate but to take the information as definite / confirmed is not the best idea. Best to wait for August 2nd :).

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Right. We don't have the final numbers yet so...

I always find it funny when Note 5 or S7 owners say they are disappointed in this year's Note. Dude, the phone you already have is still top of the line, so why are you even looking?

I get that people like to phone jump, but sometimes it gets a little unrealistic to expect to be blown away when the phone you already have is less than a year old

Exactly. I've personally never seen folks so worked up or miffed about stuff based on half cocked info, especially when most claim to be happy with their current devices.

We're at a point where there is going to be a stop gap in technology soon. Even Sony & Microsoft have decided to release half step systems going forward. So if a sophisticated gaming device is slowing down a tad, what does what expect out of their phone?

I get my SD card slot back and the battery will be the biggest in any Note yet REGARDLESS of it being a 3600 or 4000. And when the Note 4 was running and Snap 805 with 3GB of RAM....my phone was a beast ALL DAY LONG damn near. So if I can get a larger battery and even a gig more ram on a bomb OS, I'm sold.

I personally believe the Note 7 to be about righting the MANY wrongs of the 5, not fan service. If they can do that, and throw in some extra...count me sold.

But we'll see when the phone is actually announced.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I personally believe the Note 7 to be about righting the MANY wrongs of the 5, not fan service. If they can do that, and throw in some extra...count me sold.

But we'll see when the phone is actually announced.

Many wrongs of the Note 5???? I'm a power user, all work and personal, no social media, no games...

The only negative with my 64GB Note 5 is the battery that I need to fast charge, at home, office or in the 4Runner... three times a day. That's how much I use it

The rest of the phone works VERY WELL. No problems with screen, phone calling, texting, emails, browsers, S Pen, speed, memory, storage, reception, WiFi, LTE... the phone does what it's supposed to do.

What problems are you talking about?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Many wrongs of the Note 5???? I'm a power user, all work and personal, no social media, no games...

The only negative with my 64GB Note 5 is the battery that I need to fast charge, at home, office or in the 4Runner... three times a day. That's how much I use it

The rest of the phone works VERY WELL. No problems with screen, phone calling, texting, emails, browsers, S Pen, speed, memory, storage, reception, WiFi, LTE... the phone does what it's supposed to do.

I think he means the lack of expandable storage and a smaller battery (even though it's actually quite decent, considering its capacity and relative size).

In fact, those 2 were probably the stuff most people complained about when the Note5 came out.

We won't see a removable battery in the Note7, not anytime soon, but the battery is likely going to be larger, and a microSD card slot (with possible support for UFS cards if Samsung utilizes their new hybrid slot design) is very likely to be going back as well.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

See. In my mind, that really isn't a power user in 2016. No offense or anything. I just consider power using, to me, to be all you listed (business and pleasure). I worked and kill it on all the social apps. Wasn't a problem on my Note 4. I murder my Note 5 without trying.

And 64 GB isn't enough storage, so I miss out on apps and media.

That's a lot of wrongs in my book.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey