Upgrade to Note 7 from Note 5???

forums_d

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I really need help deciding weather I should get the not 7 or not. I currently have the note 5 and I am pretty happy with it the only thing is the battery but it's fast and reliable. Before I got the note 5 I had the note 3 and it was quite an upgrade and I'm not sure if the note 7 will be do you think it's worth buying??? I like the edge iris scanner the software. But I don't think the software will come to the note 7 so that another reason I want to upgrade thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. From what I have seen so far, the 7 might be a good upgrade. There are strong rumors that an early August announcement is in place for the new Note, so waiting won't be that bad.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm almost thinking it wouldn't hurt to get in on the even numbers. E.g. Note 2 Note 4 and now Note 6/7 seem to have the more incremental advancements. Then you are good until the Note 9 :p

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the note5 on release day, have had all the notes except the first one.

I gave my daughter my note5 a few weeks ago so i could test drive an s7edge. I will be getting the note7, the rumors show it should be a marked improvement over the 5, sdcard slot and bigger battery.

What i am curious of now is if it will have gorilla glass5 or not.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I think it would be a good upgrade unless it costs a mega chunk of change.

Now the Note 8 I don't think would be a big upgrade over the Note 7. Since this one will be water resistant, Iris scanner as well and SD card. The Note 8 will probably just have some minor tweaks just like the S7 from the S6 did. So this phone might last you a couple years.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be a good upgrade unless it costs a mega chunk of change.

Now the Note 8 I don't think would be a big upgrade over the Note 7. Since this one will be water resistant, Iris scanner as well and SD card. The Note 8 will probably just have some minor tweaks just like the S7 from the S6 did. So this phone might last you a couple years.

Am thinking Note 8 will have complete design change since Samsung already on 2 years with current design. Note 8 will be major. But if you are going with note 7, it's better to wait for note 9 to benefit from refinements.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the note5 on release day, have had all the notes except the first one.

I gave my daughter my note5 a few weeks ago so i could test drive an s7edge. I will be getting the note7, the rumors show it should be a marked improvement over the 5, sdcard slot and bigger battery.

What i am curious of now is if it will have gorilla glass5 or not.

I have a note 4 and will be getting the note 7 aka note 6

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I really need help deciding weather I should get the not 7 or not. I currently have the note 5 and I am pretty happy with it the only thing is the battery but it's fast and reliable. Before I got the note 5 I had the note 3 and it was quite an upgrade and I'm not sure if the note 7 will be do you think it's worth buying??? I like the edge iris scanner the software. But I don't think the software will come to the note 7 so that another reason I want to upgrade thanks.
I am in the same boat as you and think that if there are good deals like with s7, e.g. Bogo + gear vr/Netflix for a year, it would be worth upgrading for SD card slot and battery.

If there are not such good deals then I plan to wait until thanksgiving etc. When there will be better deals and also Apple i7 plus would be available as well (if that is a big phone under consideration for you)...

Osho

forums_d

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you and think that if there are good deals like with s7, e.g. Bogo + gear vr/Netflix for a year, it would be worth upgrading for SD card slot and battery.

If there are not such good deals then I plan to wait until thanksgiving etc. When there will be better deals and also Apple i7 plus would be available as well (if that is a big phone under consideration for you)...

Osho
Yes I really like the vr and if that comes with it I will want it even more I think they might have it as a bonus as the s7 with it was a big success love to see it

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I am with tmobile and I am on the JoD program and I can switch phones up to 3 times a year.
I had the Note 4 and 5, and I decided to switch to the s7 edge....I love the edge! But I will return to the Note 7, I miss my pen!.
I believe the Note 7 will be the best phone on the market! .

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what you want.

The Note5 is still a very capable phone, and the Note7 is going to be more of an incremental upgrade that also adds some new and returning stuff.

However, if you want an SD slot and other features like water-resistance (possibly), better low-light performance and the like, the Note7 might be worth upgrading to.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I am with tmobile and I am on the JoD program and I can switch phones up to 3 times a year.
I had the Note 4 and 5, and I decided to switch to the s7 edge....I love the edge! But I will return to the Note 7, I miss my pen!.
I believe the Note 7 will be the best phone on the market! .

On the same boat. Went from note 4 to 5 then from 5 to S7 edge. The only thing missing from the edge IMO was the S-Pen. The Note 7 will give me the best of both worlds.

forums_d

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I've been thinking and I think it is actually a big upgrade especially because I don't have the edge on note 5 and there is one on note 7. So I'm getting better specs all round, better battery edge display, usb type c, better camera, iris scanner, new software and possibly a gear vr with it so it's a big upgrade I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad