koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Looks interesting...it would be great if it backed up the phones settings

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I can gather, it is trying to be like Icloud. Backup home screen layout , app data, photos, music, documents, videos, call log, device settings, etc.

My concern would be that it only works for Samsung devices, so if you later switch to another device then... You might be out of luck

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fsamsung-cloud%2F%3Fcid%3Dppc-&token=TY7eH4tM
You can back up and restore some of that already with your Samsung account and Samsung devices.. Some not all.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
True but obviously Samsung is trying to compete with Icloud... Glad to see that they are picking up ball
Yeah it seems they are. Doesn't Samsung Smart Switch allow you to transfer from iPhone to Samsung or is there something else that does.

So far for me, the info being Samsung only isn't a problem, but that isn't the case for a lot of people.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it seems they are. Doesn't Samsung Smart Switch allow you to transfer from iPhone to Samsung or is there something else that does.

So far for me, the info being Samsung only isn't a problem, but that isn't the case for a lot of people.

Yes it does but it isn't cloud oriented. One of the gripes of Android is no Icloud equivalent and this can go a long way.