Played with the Note 7 for 2 hours today...

johnbody

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
So I was lucky to play with the note 7 for a couple hours today....

What I learned:
Rumored specs are confirmed correct
64gb only variant.

This is the first phone ever that has "HDR".
Iris scanner works very well, even with glasses. Only complication is glasses IF there is a glare.

Phone is IP67 with or without the pen inserted.

Pressure sensitivity is DOUBLED!

Camera is exact same from the s7.

Software:

EXTREMELY REFINED! Looks a lot like that leaked video a couple months ago of the Samsung UX. No dramatic colors. Everything is refined and very flat. No abysmal colors in the status bar.

They have a Gif maker for existing or new videos.
Don't know if that's new...

Look and feel;

This phone feels slightly heavier, very solid and feels really comfortable in the hand. They refined the "edge" it's not as dramatic as the s7 edge and it's really well done. The edge is more used as a bezel remover and not a feature. But you still have the functionality.

The black Note 7 is actually a flat black. It's looks amazing. It looks like a bat phone. The color was eye catching on it..

Pre order is : August 3rd.

Release date is August 19th.

Pre order bonus ether : Gear Fit 2 OR A 256GB MEMORY CARD.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nice!! Gear fit 2 is what I'll choose to go along with the usual T-Mobile 1 year of Netflix. Don't even remember when I last paid for Netflix :)

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So I was lucky to play with the note 7 for a couple hours today....

What I learned:
Rumored specs are confirmed correct
64gb only variant.

This is the first phone ever that has "HDR".
Iris scanner works very well, even with glasses. Only complication is glasses IF there is a glare.

Phone is IP67 with or without the pen inserted.

Pressure sensitivity is DOUBLED!

Camera is exact same from the s7.

Software:

EXTREMELY REFINED! Looks a lot like that leaked video a couple months ago of the Samsung UX. No dramatic colors. Everything is refined and very flat. No abysmal colors in the status bar.

They have a Gif maker for existing or new videos.
Don't know if that's new...

Look and feel;

This phone feels slightly heavier, very solid and feels really comfortable in the hand. They refined the "edge" it's not as dramatic as the s7 edge and it's really well done. The edge is more used as a bezel remover and not a feature. But you still have the functionality.

The black Note 7 is actually a flat black. It's looks amazing. It looks like a bat phone. The color was eye catching on it..

Pre order is : August 3rd.

Release date is August 19th.

Pre order bonus ether : Gear Fit 2 OR A 256GB MEMORY CARD.

Hmm, there seems to be conflicting info on the pre-order bonus. I'm hoping they offer the Gear VR like they did with the S7.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So lucky you got to play with it. 256 GB card is pretty cool. Don't think I'd go for a gear fit 2. You know anything about whether a bogof will be offered?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Main thing I found from droid life article .. get ready for another round of pengate videos.

"S Pen that can’t be inserted backwards"