Question: Preordering "late"? Will I still get it on time?

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to preorder soon, probably via Best Buy. Have decided on Black because it's very, very handsome. Undecided between the memory card or the Fit2, but probably will go with Fit2 because I am switching from iOS and have an Apple Watch, so it'd be nice to not be entirely without a wrist wearable.

I do have a question though: Would I be safe waiting until the 9th to pre-order? I'm currently on AT&T Next with my iPhone 6 and the balance is currently ~$93, but on the 9th a payment of like $30 goes through, bringing the balance down to ~$60. The installments are paid for by my parents since I'm on a family account. I'd like to save that money since, y'know, it's $30 which means I can buy food to eat (I live on my own). Would I be safe pre-ordering on the 9th and still getting my device on release day? Or would I probably need to just go ahead and pre-order now, and suck it up about spending more to finish the balance and upgrade?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: One question before I preorder my Galaxy Note 7?

It may be. Hard to tell really. I pre-ordered right away so I could get it ASAP.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
re:

General rule on preorders, the sooner you order the less likely you will get a on back order message if they run out. I doubt they will, but you never know

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
re:

Just wait until it is available in the store, walk in, buy it,walk out. No way these are going to sellout at every store IMO.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
re:

Just wait until it is available in the store, walk in, buy it,walk out. No way these are going to sellout at every store IMO.

At every store? No. But some stores, it's a real possibility. When the S7E came out, most stores in my area had the hideous gold only available and didn't get other options for 2 weeks.

Also remember that you have a limited window on redeeming the gifts...

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

I thought people said best buy was handing them out in store?

For preorders only, I believe. If that's not true of course I'd much prefer to buy it in store since I get my second paycheck of the month by then, making it even easier to afford :p

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
re:

For preorders only, I believe. If that's not true of course I'd much prefer to buy it in store since I get my second paycheck of the month by then, making it even easier to afford :p
I don't know the answer to this but I'm sure someone will.

pkirangi

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
re:

I pre-ordered mine yesterday from the Samsung site. I also added the Fit2 gift. But samsung may have had a glitch. Along with the Fit2 it also added the 256gb sd card automatically. And lucky me, I checked my email today and see a FedEx shipment notification for a package due to be delivered Friday 8/5 end of day - It references my Samsung Order. Package weighs a pound. I hope it is what it is!!!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
re:

I pre-ordered mine yesterday from the Samsung site. I also added the Fit2 gift. But samsung may have had a glitch. Along with the Fit2 it also added the 256gb sd card automatically. And lucky me, I checked my email today and see a FedEx shipment notification for a package due to be delivered Friday 8/5 end of day - It references my Samsung Order. Package weighs a pound. I hope it is what it is!!!

WOW that's a fast ship!! I thought Samsung uses a third party distributor for the phones they sell because people said they're not a very good distributor. If I would have known this I would have ordered from Samsung.

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

WOW that's a fast ship!! I thought Samsung uses a third party distributor for the phones they sell because people said they're not a very good distributor. If I would have known this I would have ordered from Samsung.

I highly doubt it's the phone already, more likely it's just the gifts. That'd be incredibly weird if it's already shipping the phone itself.

pkirangi

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
re:

Well lets see. I doubted it myself. But when I saw the FedEx Package weight of 1 lb, that got me thinking. I will post again tomorrow on what I get.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
re:

I've preordered 4 of my past phones ( last being the S6 Edge + ) and granted this time may be better and more organized but .......... from what I've seen in the past preordering did not give you a slot on this so called phone line.

Sorry to blow you're bubble and like I said I hope it's better organized.

I've seen in past threads where someone would pre-order days prior to release get a notice of his/ her order being shipped and everyone who preordered before him flip out !??!?!

I can't explain why but I'm just saying from experience and why I'm not preordering and just gonna sashay into the store sometime after they open on the 19th and pick a Note 7 up without any of the drama.

Good luck everyone !!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

I've preordered 4 of my past phones ( last being the S6 Edge + ) and granted this time may be better and more organized but .......... from what I've seen in the past preordering did not give you a slot on this so called phone line.

Sorry to blow you're bubble and like I said I hope it's better organized.

I've seen in past threads where someone would pre-order days prior to release get a notice of his/ her order being shipped and everyone who preordered before him flip out !??!?!

I can't explain why but I'm just saying from experience and why I'm not preordering and just gonna sashay into the store sometime after they open on the 19th and pick a Note 7 up without any of the drama.

Good luck everyone !!

There isn't really any drama. At the end of the day you only get it once they ship it. No other way around it :).

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Well lets see. I doubted it myself. But when I saw the FedEx Package weight of 1 lb, that got me thinking. I will post again tomorrow on what I get.

Please do, I ordered my Note 7 thru AT&T should I have done it thru Samsung or Best Buy what's the advantage? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I would say you're extremely safe holding out until the 9th (and even later) to pre-order. Samsung has a ton of phones ready to ship out, and there shouldn't be a shortage anytime soon.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I would say you're extremely safe holding out until the 9th (and even later) to pre-order. Samsung has a ton of phones ready to ship out, and there shouldn't be a shortage anytime soon.

Almost makes me wonder the point of pre ordering then if I could have just went around release day and buy it in store. However at least I can set it up myself instead of waiting there two hours. I swear the only Tmobile store within 25 miles and it's always busy and I don't want to have to drive 45 minutes to the next closest one.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Please do, I ordered my Note 7 thru AT&T should I have done it thru Samsung or Best Buy what's the advantage? Thanks

I thought about it through samsung, but then someone on here said a third party actually is the one who distributes it and said they are terrible to deal with so that's why I went with Tmobile. I probably would have saved 20 bucks then if I did it through samsung's site but I didn't want to risk it.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I love my phones....but if it's a choice between food and phone....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci